Presidential candidate Mitt Romney may have been upstaged at the Republican National Convention by Clint Eastwood, but that doesn’t mean his speech was poor.
“I think Mitt Romney did what he had to do,” Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton told 92.3 KTAR’s Mac & Gaydos Friday. “As these speeches go it’s not the most inspirational one you’ve ever seen, it was a little light on policy.”
But Stanton believes Romney’s speech did deliver in another department.
“I think Mitt did a fairly good job of trying to humanize himself.”
While the Romney detractors feel they can’t relate to him on a personal level, Stanton thinks his speech allowed Americans to see a more emotional side.
Romney told a touching story of how his dad gave his mom a rose every morning. Stanton joked that puts pressure on the rest of us.
“First off, he made every man watching that speech look bad, now we’ve got to buy a rose for our wife or girlfriend everyday otherwise we look bad,” Stanton said.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- Arizona Rep. Kyrsten Sinema: ‘It’s my job’ to attend Trump inauguration
- Arizona. Gov. Doug Ducey to push for teacher raises in upcoming months
- Gov. Doug Ducey: I approve of border wall ‘as long as it benefits Arizona’
- ‘Supernatural’ TV show convention comes to Arizona
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio