Presidential candidate Mitt Romney may have been upstaged at the Republican National Convention by Clint Eastwood, but that doesn’t mean his speech was poor.
“I think Mitt Romney did what he had to do,” Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton told 92.3 KTAR’s Mac & Gaydos Friday. “As these speeches go it’s not the most inspirational one you’ve ever seen, it was a little light on policy.”
But Stanton believes Romney’s speech did deliver in another department.
“I think Mitt did a fairly good job of trying to humanize himself.”
While the Romney detractors feel they can’t relate to him on a personal level, Stanton thinks his speech allowed Americans to see a more emotional side.
Romney told a touching story of how his dad gave his mom a rose every morning. Stanton joked that puts pressure on the rest of us.
“First off, he made every man watching that speech look bad, now we’ve got to buy a rose for our wife or girlfriend everyday otherwise we look bad,” Stanton said.
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Caring Crisis: Rising tide In Alzheimer’s disease leads to shortage of caregivers
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Four months into office, Paul Penzone works to shake predecessor’s legacy
- Arizona Rep. Kyrsten Sinema: ‘It’s my job’ to attend Trump inauguration
- Arizona. Gov. Doug Ducey to push for teacher raises in upcoming months
- Gov. Doug Ducey: I approve of border wall ‘as long as it benefits Arizona’
- ‘Supernatural’ TV show convention comes to Arizona