Presidential candidate Mitt Romney may have been upstaged at the Republican National Convention by Clint Eastwood, but that doesn’t mean his speech was poor.
“I think Mitt Romney did what he had to do,” Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton told 92.3 KTAR’s Mac & Gaydos Friday. “As these speeches go it’s not the most inspirational one you’ve ever seen, it was a little light on policy.”
But Stanton believes Romney’s speech did deliver in another department.
“I think Mitt did a fairly good job of trying to humanize himself.”
While the Romney detractors feel they can’t relate to him on a personal level, Stanton thinks his speech allowed Americans to see a more emotional side.
Romney told a touching story of how his dad gave his mom a rose every morning. Stanton joked that puts pressure on the rest of us.
“First off, he made every man watching that speech look bad, now we’ve got to buy a rose for our wife or girlfriend everyday otherwise we look bad,” Stanton said.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- ‘Supernatural’ TV show convention comes to Arizona
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident