Budweiser has released the commercial it filmed a portion of in Chandler, Ariz. earlier this month.
Though Chandler is tough to make out in the background, Chandler Mayor Jay Tibshraeny makes a front-row appearance.
Hundreds of people gathered near Arizona Avenue and Boston Street as Hall of Fame baseball shortstop Ozzie Smith climbed aboard the Budweiser Clydesdales carriage and rode around the downtown area to shoot the video.
It’s all to honor the start of the 2014 Major League Baseball season.
“What Budweiser is doing is working to gather 100,000 petition signatures and submit them to the White House in an effort to make Opening Day a national holiday,” said Budweiser spokesman Jeff Grass.
If the national holiday is not declared, Grass said, “Ultimately we’re looking at a day of national observance or something along those lines.”
Baseball’s Opening Day should be made a holiday, according to Grass, because 22 million Americans admit to playing “hooky” to catch an opening day game.
KTAR’s Bob McClay contributed to this report.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon