What could have been tragic as two single-engine Cessnas collided in mid-air in northern Wisconsin turned into triumph, as all 11 people survived, NBC News reported.
The passengers were all skydivers, preparing to jump in a group formation 12,000 feet above the ground.
Some were filming the routine jump with helmet cams, inadvertently catching the harrowing event on tape.
Despite his plane exploding into pieces, the pilot of the first plane also survived, as he was wearing an emergency parachute.
The second pilot landed his aircraft safely back at the airport, despite damage to the propeller and the wing.
Officials are still investigating why the two airplanes collided.
According to the TODAY Show, however, the nine skydivers were preparing to do a tracking dive, which requires one plane to closely follow the other.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food