What could have been tragic as two single-engine Cessnas collided in mid-air in northern Wisconsin turned into triumph, as all 11 people survived, NBC News reported.
The passengers were all skydivers, preparing to jump in a group formation 12,000 feet above the ground.
Some were filming the routine jump with helmet cams, inadvertently catching the harrowing event on tape.
Despite his plane exploding into pieces, the pilot of the first plane also survived, as he was wearing an emergency parachute.
The second pilot landed his aircraft safely back at the airport, despite damage to the propeller and the wing.
Officials are still investigating why the two airplanes collided.
According to the TODAY Show, however, the nine skydivers were preparing to do a tracking dive, which requires one plane to closely follow the other.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas