Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) took the not-so-hot seat on Tuesday’s episode of “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon,” where he effortlessly poked fun of himself throughout the segment.
The late-night talk show doesn’t generally feature guests from Capitol Hill, so the 77-year-old senator seemingly thought the best way to connect with Fallon’s audience was through satire. It seemed to work well.
McCain began the conversation by revealing some of the nicknames he had growing up: Punk, McNasty and The White Tornado, to name a few.
But he didn’t stop there. The names took a different tone during his presidential run. “In 2008 — jerk, idiot, loser,” he lightheartedly said before redirecting the conversation. That’s what politicians do best, right?
“Congratulations on your baby,” he said. “I know exactly how that is. After I lost running for president, I slept like a baby. Sleep two hours — wake up and cry, sleep two hours — wake up and cry.”
McCain went on to discuss his cell phone poker addiction, Twitter, Obamacare and his pal Vlad (it’s what he calls Russian President Vladimir Putin). McCain was a good sport throughout the segment, and for a politician, pretty darn funny.
“If you have trouble sleeping, follow me on Twitter.”
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments