Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) took the not-so-hot seat on Tuesday’s episode of “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon,” where he effortlessly poked fun of himself throughout the segment.
The late-night talk show doesn’t generally feature guests from Capitol Hill, so the 77-year-old senator seemingly thought the best way to connect with Fallon’s audience was through satire. It seemed to work well.
McCain began the conversation by revealing some of the nicknames he had growing up: Punk, McNasty and The White Tornado, to name a few.
But he didn’t stop there. The names took a different tone during his presidential run. “In 2008 — jerk, idiot, loser,” he lightheartedly said before redirecting the conversation. That’s what politicians do best, right?
“Congratulations on your baby,” he said. “I know exactly how that is. After I lost running for president, I slept like a baby. Sleep two hours — wake up and cry, sleep two hours — wake up and cry.”
McCain went on to discuss his cell phone poker addiction, Twitter, Obamacare and his pal Vlad (it’s what he calls Russian President Vladimir Putin). McCain was a good sport throughout the segment, and for a politician, pretty darn funny.
“If you have trouble sleeping, follow me on Twitter.”
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food