Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) took the not-so-hot seat on Tuesday’s episode of “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon,” where he effortlessly poked fun of himself throughout the segment.
The late-night talk show doesn’t generally feature guests from Capitol Hill, so the 77-year-old senator seemingly thought the best way to connect with Fallon’s audience was through satire. It seemed to work well.
McCain began the conversation by revealing some of the nicknames he had growing up: Punk, McNasty and The White Tornado, to name a few.
But he didn’t stop there. The names took a different tone during his presidential run. “In 2008 — jerk, idiot, loser,” he lightheartedly said before redirecting the conversation. That’s what politicians do best, right?
“Congratulations on your baby,” he said. “I know exactly how that is. After I lost running for president, I slept like a baby. Sleep two hours — wake up and cry, sleep two hours — wake up and cry.”
McCain went on to discuss his cell phone poker addiction, Twitter, Obamacare and his pal Vlad (it’s what he calls Russian President Vladimir Putin). McCain was a good sport throughout the segment, and for a politician, pretty darn funny.
“If you have trouble sleeping, follow me on Twitter.”
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life