Pop-country singer Taylor Swift joined the Rolling Stones on stage during their Chicago performance Monday night.
Mick Jagger announced on his Twitter page prior to the show that he’ll be performing with the 23-year-old singer, but questioned which song they will perform.
Looking forward to singing with @taylorswift13 tonight! Wonder which song we will do?
— Mick Jagger (@MickJagger) June 3, 2013
The song of choice was “As Tears Go By” which, according to Jagger, the band hasn’t played in a long time.
“It’s almost the first song that Keith [Richards] and I wrote,” Jagger announced to the crowd. “We didn’t do it at the time, we gave it to someone else, a young lady, to sing.”
The audience cheered as Swift took the stage, and the duet was a smashing success.
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and Florence Welch are all among those who have previously performed along side the Stones on their 50 & Counting Tour.
Who will be next on the list? Rumor has it, it’s Adele.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night