The city of Moore, Okla., just outside of Oklahoma City, was hit by a mile-wide tornado on Monday afternoon.
This video was captured on the ground by someone with a cell phone. Luckily they made it to safety.
Many neighborhoods, shopping malls and schools were leveled. Cars and trucks were left crumpled on the roadside.
Debris has been reported to be falling in Tulsa approximately 100 miles from Moore.
The same suburb was hit hard by a tornado in 1999. That storm had the highest winds ever recorded near the earth’s surface.
- Sheriff Paul Penzone looking to eliminate ‘Tent City’ phrase in 2018
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ contestant Evie Clair sings Christmas carols
- One year in, Paul Penzone continues to address ‘culture of hate’ claims
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest stories from past weekend in Arizona, nation
- Palo Verde Middle School teacher gets monthly KTAR News award