The city of Moore, Okla., just outside of Oklahoma City, was hit by a mile-wide tornado on Monday afternoon.
This video was captured on the ground by someone with a cell phone. Luckily they made it to safety.
Many neighborhoods, shopping malls and schools were leveled. Cars and trucks were left crumpled on the roadside.
Debris has been reported to be falling in Tulsa approximately 100 miles from Moore.
The same suburb was hit hard by a tornado in 1999. That storm had the highest winds ever recorded near the earth’s surface.
- Mac Watson of ‘Mac and Gaydos’ shares story of adopting children
- Arizona lawmaker wants new policies for addressing inappropriate behavior
- Former Tent City site to treat 500-plus inmates for opioid addiction
- Arizona congresswoman hopes Trump meeting start of bipartisan work
- Former Arizona AG wants Arpaio to be forced to work with immigrant groups