T-shirts with clever saying are all the rage, but one mom is forcing her children to wear shirts that label them as thieves.
According to 9 News, Jessica Rocha made the shirts after trying almost everything to get 8-year-old Aurora and 9-year-old Xavier (both with different last names than Rocha) to stop stealing.
“We have taken away toys. We have taken away sports. We have taken away girl scouts,” the kid’s mom Rocha said. “I’ve tried nothing everything else. Nothing else is working.”
In response to their behavior, Rocha took a marker to shirts and wrote, “I steal. Steal means taking property belonging to someone else without permission,” on the front and, “I steal. Please watch me,” on the back.
While Rocha feels the shirts are a way to control her kids, the school disagrees.
“I respect her right to do what’s best for her family,” said Ron Echols, superintendent of Fort Morgan Schools. “But, I wish she would leave the school out of it. We cannot support something that is demeaning to the kids.”
The school made the children cover up the shirts.
Rocha said the shirts have been effective in altering her children’s behavior.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident
- Cindy McCain talks Syrians refugees’ plight, trafficking in Arizona