T-shirts with clever saying are all the rage, but one mom is forcing her children to wear shirts that label them as thieves.
According to 9 News, Jessica Rocha made the shirts after trying almost everything to get 8-year-old Aurora and 9-year-old Xavier (both with different last names than Rocha) to stop stealing.
“We have taken away toys. We have taken away sports. We have taken away girl scouts,” the kid’s mom Rocha said. “I’ve tried nothing everything else. Nothing else is working.”
In response to their behavior, Rocha took a marker to shirts and wrote, “I steal. Steal means taking property belonging to someone else without permission,” on the front and, “I steal. Please watch me,” on the back.
While Rocha feels the shirts are a way to control her kids, the school disagrees.
“I respect her right to do what’s best for her family,” said Ron Echols, superintendent of Fort Morgan Schools. “But, I wish she would leave the school out of it. We cannot support something that is demeaning to the kids.”
The school made the children cover up the shirts.
Rocha said the shirts have been effective in altering her children’s behavior.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- ‘Supernatural’ TV show convention comes to Arizona
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident