T-shirts with clever saying are all the rage, but one mom is forcing her children to wear shirts that label them as thieves.
According to 9 News, Jessica Rocha made the shirts after trying almost everything to get 8-year-old Aurora and 9-year-old Xavier (both with different last names than Rocha) to stop stealing.
“We have taken away toys. We have taken away sports. We have taken away girl scouts,” the kid’s mom Rocha said. “I’ve tried nothing everything else. Nothing else is working.”
In response to their behavior, Rocha took a marker to shirts and wrote, “I steal. Steal means taking property belonging to someone else without permission,” on the front and, “I steal. Please watch me,” on the back.
While Rocha feels the shirts are a way to control her kids, the school disagrees.
“I respect her right to do what’s best for her family,” said Ron Echols, superintendent of Fort Morgan Schools. “But, I wish she would leave the school out of it. We cannot support something that is demeaning to the kids.”
The school made the children cover up the shirts.
Rocha said the shirts have been effective in altering her children’s behavior.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- Arizona Rep. Kyrsten Sinema: ‘It’s my job’ to attend Trump inauguration
- Arizona. Gov. Doug Ducey to push for teacher raises in upcoming months
- Gov. Doug Ducey: I approve of border wall ‘as long as it benefits Arizona’
- ‘Supernatural’ TV show convention comes to Arizona
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio