T-shirts with clever saying are all the rage, but one mom is forcing her children to wear shirts that label them as thieves.
According to 9 News, Jessica Rocha made the shirts after trying almost everything to get 8-year-old Aurora and 9-year-old Xavier (both with different last names than Rocha) to stop stealing.
“We have taken away toys. We have taken away sports. We have taken away girl scouts,” the kid’s mom Rocha said. “I’ve tried nothing everything else. Nothing else is working.”
In response to their behavior, Rocha took a marker to shirts and wrote, “I steal. Steal means taking property belonging to someone else without permission,” on the front and, “I steal. Please watch me,” on the back.
While Rocha feels the shirts are a way to control her kids, the school disagrees.
“I respect her right to do what’s best for her family,” said Ron Echols, superintendent of Fort Morgan Schools. “But, I wish she would leave the school out of it. We cannot support something that is demeaning to the kids.”
The school made the children cover up the shirts.
Rocha said the shirts have been effective in altering her children’s behavior.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Ducey faces pressure, backlash during fight to overhaul K-12 education
- Four months into office, Paul Penzone works to shake predecessor’s legacy
- Arizona Rep. Kyrsten Sinema: ‘It’s my job’ to attend Trump inauguration
- Arizona. Gov. Doug Ducey to push for teacher raises in upcoming months
- Gov. Doug Ducey: I approve of border wall ‘as long as it benefits Arizona’