Dog lovers prepare to bring out the tissues because this story is a real-world “Homeward Bound.”
New Hampshire’s Jamie Carpentier and his 13-year-old basset hound Ginger were reunited following a decade-long separation. However, this man’s best friend dealt with this “separation” because of a divorce 10 years ago.
According to The Huffington Post, Carpentier was forced to relinquish custody of Ginger to his ex-wife. Fortunately for Carpentier, life works in mysterious ways regardless of how much time has elapsed.
While searching for a new pet on the Humane Society for Greater Nashua website, Carpentier began reading about a dog that fit a remarkably identical description to his long-lost companion.
Although no photographs were available, Carpentier went to the shelter with a nothing more than a strong hunch and lots of hope. Sure enough, the two instantly recognized each other.
“She heard my voice. I walked up to her and she kind of gave me a couple of licks or kisses. And I was like, ‘She knows who I am, she remembers my voice,'” Carpentier told the Nashua Telegraph.
If Hollywood was looking for a reason to make another pet-inspired movie, this story might point them in the right direction.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food