Dog lovers prepare to bring out the tissues because this story is a real-world “Homeward Bound.”
New Hampshire’s Jamie Carpentier and his 13-year-old basset hound Ginger were reunited following a decade-long separation. However, this man’s best friend dealt with this “separation” because of a divorce 10 years ago.
According to The Huffington Post, Carpentier was forced to relinquish custody of Ginger to his ex-wife. Fortunately for Carpentier, life works in mysterious ways regardless of how much time has elapsed.
While searching for a new pet on the Humane Society for Greater Nashua website, Carpentier began reading about a dog that fit a remarkably identical description to his long-lost companion.
Although no photographs were available, Carpentier went to the shelter with a nothing more than a strong hunch and lots of hope. Sure enough, the two instantly recognized each other.
“She heard my voice. I walked up to her and she kind of gave me a couple of licks or kisses. And I was like, ‘She knows who I am, she remembers my voice,'” Carpentier told the Nashua Telegraph.
If Hollywood was looking for a reason to make another pet-inspired movie, this story might point them in the right direction.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths