Dog lovers prepare to bring out the tissues because this story is a real-world “Homeward Bound.”
New Hampshire’s Jamie Carpentier and his 13-year-old basset hound Ginger were reunited following a decade-long separation. However, this man’s best friend dealt with this “separation” because of a divorce 10 years ago.
According to The Huffington Post, Carpentier was forced to relinquish custody of Ginger to his ex-wife. Fortunately for Carpentier, life works in mysterious ways regardless of how much time has elapsed.
While searching for a new pet on the Humane Society for Greater Nashua website, Carpentier began reading about a dog that fit a remarkably identical description to his long-lost companion.
Although no photographs were available, Carpentier went to the shelter with a nothing more than a strong hunch and lots of hope. Sure enough, the two instantly recognized each other.
“She heard my voice. I walked up to her and she kind of gave me a couple of licks or kisses. And I was like, ‘She knows who I am, she remembers my voice,'” Carpentier told the Nashua Telegraph.
If Hollywood was looking for a reason to make another pet-inspired movie, this story might point them in the right direction.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life