Dog lovers prepare to bring out the tissues because this story is a real-world “Homeward Bound.”
New Hampshire’s Jamie Carpentier and his 13-year-old basset hound Ginger were reunited following a decade-long separation. However, this man’s best friend dealt with this “separation” because of a divorce 10 years ago.
According to The Huffington Post, Carpentier was forced to relinquish custody of Ginger to his ex-wife. Fortunately for Carpentier, life works in mysterious ways regardless of how much time has elapsed.
While searching for a new pet on the Humane Society for Greater Nashua website, Carpentier began reading about a dog that fit a remarkably identical description to his long-lost companion.
Although no photographs were available, Carpentier went to the shelter with a nothing more than a strong hunch and lots of hope. Sure enough, the two instantly recognized each other.
“She heard my voice. I walked up to her and she kind of gave me a couple of licks or kisses. And I was like, ‘She knows who I am, she remembers my voice,'” Carpentier told the Nashua Telegraph.
If Hollywood was looking for a reason to make another pet-inspired movie, this story might point them in the right direction.
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Caring Crisis: Rising tide In Alzheimer’s disease leads to shortage of caregivers
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain