Dog lovers prepare to bring out the tissues because this story is a real-world “Homeward Bound.”
New Hampshire’s Jamie Carpentier and his 13-year-old basset hound Ginger were reunited following a decade-long separation. However, this man’s best friend dealt with this “separation” because of a divorce 10 years ago.
According to The Huffington Post, Carpentier was forced to relinquish custody of Ginger to his ex-wife. Fortunately for Carpentier, life works in mysterious ways regardless of how much time has elapsed.
While searching for a new pet on the Humane Society for Greater Nashua website, Carpentier began reading about a dog that fit a remarkably identical description to his long-lost companion.
Although no photographs were available, Carpentier went to the shelter with a nothing more than a strong hunch and lots of hope. Sure enough, the two instantly recognized each other.
“She heard my voice. I walked up to her and she kind of gave me a couple of licks or kisses. And I was like, ‘She knows who I am, she remembers my voice,'” Carpentier told the Nashua Telegraph.
If Hollywood was looking for a reason to make another pet-inspired movie, this story might point them in the right direction.
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees