Many people hear offensive things everyday, but few make the effort to stop it.
According to Yahoo! News, Michael Garcia was working at a Texas restaurant when a customer’s comment stepped over the line.
Garcia, who works at the Houston restaurant Laurenzo’s, was waiting on a family, regulars with a 5-year-old child, Milo, who has Down syndrome. The server said that another family at the restaurant commented on Milo’s behavior, which Garcia described as “talking and making little noises.” Garcia moved the complaining family to another table, but they were still unhappy. “Special needs children need to be special somewhere else,” the father reportedly said.
Garcia then told the customer that he couldn’t serve him.
The Internet has shown massive support for Garcia via Laurenzo’s Facebook page. The restaurant has said he will not be disciplined.
- ‘Remember me?’ Mom outs college-aged son on Facebook for not calling home
- Gaydos meets Solomon the lion from Wildlife World Zoo
- Donald Trump wins Mac & Gaydos’ Presidential Pick Fest
- Colorado woman turns to Craigslist to rent a family for her birthday
- Renting, not owning, a growing trend among millennials