Mario Kart can now be played in live action.
Texas engineers’ Ben James and Kevin Smith have played Mario Kart since they were kids and have always been fans. Their love of Mario Kart led them to recreate it in real life.
According to wired.com, the engineers’ made Mario Kart a reality.
The engineers’ got the idea from a robotics competition that uses the same controller, software, and motor that they could implement into real life go-karts.
The primary difference between Mario Kart and real life go-karts are the items and power ups that are in Mario Kart. With the use of Radio Frequency identifiers these items and power-ups can be used in real life.
One example of the use of Radio Frequency identifiers used in this recreation is the way that fake bananas can send signals through the air that cause the breaks on cars to lock up, such as how they work in the video game.
Though there is no official Real life Mario Kart arena, the engineers’ expressed that they would be happy to help some one “build their own.”
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food