Three women got more than they bargained for on a receipt for their meal at a California casino.
According to ABC News, the name the bartender used to keep track of the women’s bill was “Fat Girls.”
“I got the bill, I was looking at bill [and] I was like, ‘Why does this receipt say ‘fat girls?'” customer Christine Duran said.
When Duran asked a manager for an explanation, he “had like a smirk on his face, like it was funny but trying not to laugh,” she said.
To add insult to injury, the manager then demanded that the women pay the bill. After they refused, he then offered to first discount it by 25 percent and then 50 percent. The women repeatedly refused and the bill was eventually comped.
Several casino representatives said they behavior was “intolerable” and steps were being taken to ensure a similar incident could not happen again. The bartender in question was fired.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development