Three women got more than they bargained for on a receipt for their meal at a California casino.
According to ABC News, the name the bartender used to keep track of the women’s bill was “Fat Girls.”
“I got the bill, I was looking at bill [and] I was like, ‘Why does this receipt say ‘fat girls?'” customer Christine Duran said.
When Duran asked a manager for an explanation, he “had like a smirk on his face, like it was funny but trying not to laugh,” she said.
To add insult to injury, the manager then demanded that the women pay the bill. After they refused, he then offered to first discount it by 25 percent and then 50 percent. The women repeatedly refused and the bill was eventually comped.
Several casino representatives said they behavior was “intolerable” and steps were being taken to ensure a similar incident could not happen again. The bartender in question was fired.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments