We’ve heard of a friendly greeting, but one Florida pizza shop owner may have gone a bit too far.
Scott Van Duzer, who owns Big Apple Pizza and Pasta Restaurant in Fort Pierce, Florida, decided that a handshake and a hug wouldn’t suffice when he met President Barack Obama. Instead, Van Duzer, who clearly spends more than five minutes at the gym, decided to give Obama a bear hug and lifted the president about a foot off the floor.
Asked if he was concerned about a Secret Service reaction to the hug, Van Duzer said he was informed that “I was all right as long as I didn’t take him away.”
Van Duzer said he was only given about 40 minutes notice that the president would be stopping in to thank him for his efforts to get people to donate blood.
- Former Arizona AG wants Arpaio to be forced to work with immigrant groups
- Teenage witness says deadly Arizona flash flood was heartbreaking to watch
- Ducey is ‘very concerned’ with how GOP health bill could affect Arizona
- Five months into office, Penzone says problems with politics still persist in MCSO
- Ducey faces pressure, backlash during fight to overhaul K-12 education