We’ve heard of a friendly greeting, but one Florida pizza shop owner may have gone a bit too far.
Scott Van Duzer, who owns Big Apple Pizza and Pasta Restaurant in Fort Pierce, Florida, decided that a handshake and a hug wouldn’t suffice when he met President Barack Obama. Instead, Van Duzer, who clearly spends more than five minutes at the gym, decided to give Obama a bear hug and lifted the president about a foot off the floor.
Asked if he was concerned about a Secret Service reaction to the hug, Van Duzer said he was informed that “I was all right as long as I didn’t take him away.”
Van Duzer said he was only given about 40 minutes notice that the president would be stopping in to thank him for his efforts to get people to donate blood.
- Sheriff Paul Penzone looking to eliminate ‘Tent City’ phrase in 2018
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ contestant Evie Clair sings Christmas carols
- One year in, Paul Penzone continues to address ‘culture of hate’ claims
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest stories from past weekend in Arizona, nation
- Palo Verde Middle School teacher gets monthly KTAR News award