It was an evening of fashion and beauty at Glamour Magazine’s 2013 Women of the Year Awards Tuesday in London.
The event celebrated the achievements of women in the entertainment and media industries, as voted upon by over 500,000 of the magazine’s readers.
Former Spice Girl Victoria Beckham landed the honorary award for Woman of the Decade and was joined by her 14-year-old son, Brooklyn Beckham.
“I’d like to start by congratulating all the women tonight, and also Harry Potter,” Beckham said during her acceptance speech. “I like to celebrate women… Girl power!”
Awards were given in 19 categories, including Best TV Personality, Solo Artist, Fashion Designer and Film Maker.
“Pitch Perfect” star Rebel Wilson landed the award for Best Film Actress but was disappointed when she found out there wasn’t a cash prize.
“I’m just excited to receive this award because I was told there was a cash prize… There’s not?” said the 27-year-old comedian.
Other award winners included Nicole Scherzinger for Best TV Personality, Jessie J took home the Editor’s Special Award and Rashida Jones won Best Film Maker.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments