While many celebrities spent their holiday break lounging in their PJs, Ethan Hawke brought smiles to patients at the Methodist Hospital in New York City.
According to Life and Style magazine, the actor showed up unannounced with his 15-year-old daughter, Maya. During their visit, the duo played guitar and sang Christmas carols.
One of the hospital patients, Sonya Clarke, told the New York Daily News that she will never forget the visit because of Maya’s “soothing voice.”
While Clarke spends every three weeks in the hospital for chemo therapy to treat her lymphoma, she says “situations like this make you see what’s important and who is important.”
The hospital later thanked Hawke and his daughter for spending time with their patients.
A big thanks to Ethan Hawke and daughter Maya for the wonderful music they brought to patients throughout NYM today. pic.twitter.com/TNMA3M2fF8
— New York Methodist (@nym_hospital) December 23, 2013
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon