People living in the Philippines are ready to face the difficult task of rebuilding, after Typhoon Haiyan ravaged the country.
Among the many people across the world offering support are several Hollywood celebrities, including Jessica Alba, Rosario Dawson, Judd Apatow and Barbra Streisand. These celebs put their fame on hold and stepped up to lend a hand.
According to E! News, here’s how they helped.
Jessica Alba and the Honest Company, her toxin-free natural household product company, made a generous donation to the victims through Operation USA, E! News exclusively confirms. The 32-year-old mother and her team delivered the donation in Los Angeles.
The retail value of the products is $51,445, according to Alba’s company. The Honest Company is also offering a company match to all monetary donations made by their employees.
Rosario Dawson, who is an active member of Operation USA’s board, is also supporting the relief efforts and is assisting with a fundraiser to help raise money for recovery.
Barbra Streisand and her foundation, The Streisand Foundation, is pledging “a major monetary donation.”
Judd Apatow and Leslie Mann, also contributed by supporting United Airline’s Crowdrise fundraiser for Operation USA.
Tacloban city administrator Tecson Lim said 70 percent of the city’s 220,000 people are in need of emergency assistance, and that only 70 of the city’s 2,700 employees have been showing up for work.
Many experts say after massive disasters such as the one in the Philippines, it’s best to contribute to humanitarian groups with a proven track record, such as the Red Cross.
Visit the links below for ways to help:
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon