Hershey’s appears to have stepped into a pile of public relations poop with the release of their new logo.
Gone is the silver wrapper and the “‘s” from its name. The logo is now displayed as just “Hershey” with an unwrapped chocolate kiss at the end.
Social media is a buzz with people who think the new kiss on the logo is a few bumps away from looking like the poo emoji used on smartphones.
I don’t know if I’d go that far, but I do prefer seeing the “kiss” fully wrapped in its iconic silver foil.
Maybe I’m just a traditionalist, but why mess with a legendary brand and logo?
The company said on its website that the new logo is part of a “refreshed corporate brand that builds on the company’s powerful legacy and creates a new, modern look and feel that positions the company for the next 100 years.” The design team calls this a “new interpretation of the iconic shape” of Kisses.
I understand that it’s important for companies to stay on the cutting edge when it comes to sales and marketing, but why try to improve on something like a Hershey’s kiss that is instantly recognizable in its silver foil and beloved by millions.
For me a “kiss is no longer just a kiss” when it comes to the redesign of the new Hershey Kiss logo.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night