Hershey’s appears to have stepped into a pile of public relations poop with the release of their new logo.
Gone is the silver wrapper and the “‘s” from its name. The logo is now displayed as just “Hershey” with an unwrapped chocolate kiss at the end.
Social media is a buzz with people who think the new kiss on the logo is a few bumps away from looking like the poo emoji used on smartphones.
I don’t know if I’d go that far, but I do prefer seeing the “kiss” fully wrapped in its iconic silver foil.
Maybe I’m just a traditionalist, but why mess with a legendary brand and logo?
The company said on its website that the new logo is part of a “refreshed corporate brand that builds on the company’s powerful legacy and creates a new, modern look and feel that positions the company for the next 100 years.” The design team calls this a “new interpretation of the iconic shape” of Kisses.
I understand that it’s important for companies to stay on the cutting edge when it comes to sales and marketing, but why try to improve on something like a Hershey’s kiss that is instantly recognizable in its silver foil and beloved by millions.
For me a “kiss is no longer just a kiss” when it comes to the redesign of the new Hershey Kiss logo.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development