Hershey’s appears to have stepped into a pile of public relations poop with the release of their new logo.
Gone is the silver wrapper and the “‘s” from its name. The logo is now displayed as just “Hershey” with an unwrapped chocolate kiss at the end.
Social media is a buzz with people who think the new kiss on the logo is a few bumps away from looking like the poo emoji used on smartphones.
I don’t know if I’d go that far, but I do prefer seeing the “kiss” fully wrapped in its iconic silver foil.
Maybe I’m just a traditionalist, but why mess with a legendary brand and logo?
The company said on its website that the new logo is part of a “refreshed corporate brand that builds on the company’s powerful legacy and creates a new, modern look and feel that positions the company for the next 100 years.” The design team calls this a “new interpretation of the iconic shape” of Kisses.
I understand that it’s important for companies to stay on the cutting edge when it comes to sales and marketing, but why try to improve on something like a Hershey’s kiss that is instantly recognizable in its silver foil and beloved by millions.
For me a “kiss is no longer just a kiss” when it comes to the redesign of the new Hershey Kiss logo.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets