Phoenix will be front and center on the History Channel on July 1 with the debut of a new reality show called “Biker Battleground Phoenix.” The series follows five builders in the Valley competing in a biker build-off to build the most outrageous Bagger motorcycle.
The History Channel describes Phoenix as “where the country’s top motorcycle builders compete day and night. It’s a dog-eat-dog world, where buyers are willing to pay upwards of $150,000 for a full-customized, one-of-a-kind ride.”
Wow, Phoenix, Ariz. is the bike building capital of the world. Who knew?
Although I’m not a bike enthusiast, I am planning to check out Biker Battleground Phoenix. I saw a sneak peak of the show and I can tell you there are many beautiful shots of Arizona. Also, the Valley’s own Dierks Bentley sings the show’s theme song, “Ride On.” It’s a song that touches on everything from the fierce brotherhood of bike gangs to the thrill of the open desert highway.
The preview of the show had all of the drama and back-stabbing you’d expect from a typical reality show. The show focuses on how these guys would do whatever it takes to give themselves and their shops the ultimate edge over the rest.
Truth be told, I had to look up what a “bagger” motorcycle is. In simple terms it’s a motorcycle with saddlebags. But apparently it really refers to a rider’s passion for riding farther than to the local bike show, biker hangout or bar.
Even if you’re not into motorcycles, it’s fascinating to see what these premiere bike builders can create. Plus for me, there’s nothing better than watching a national TV show centered around the city I call home.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night