Phoenix will be front and center on the History Channel on July 1 with the debut of a new reality show called “Biker Battleground Phoenix.” The series follows five builders in the Valley competing in a biker build-off to build the most outrageous Bagger motorcycle.
The History Channel describes Phoenix as “where the country’s top motorcycle builders compete day and night. It’s a dog-eat-dog world, where buyers are willing to pay upwards of $150,000 for a full-customized, one-of-a-kind ride.”
Wow, Phoenix, Ariz. is the bike building capital of the world. Who knew?
Although I’m not a bike enthusiast, I am planning to check out Biker Battleground Phoenix. I saw a sneak peak of the show and I can tell you there are many beautiful shots of Arizona. Also, the Valley’s own Dierks Bentley sings the show’s theme song, “Ride On.” It’s a song that touches on everything from the fierce brotherhood of bike gangs to the thrill of the open desert highway.
The preview of the show had all of the drama and back-stabbing you’d expect from a typical reality show. The show focuses on how these guys would do whatever it takes to give themselves and their shops the ultimate edge over the rest.
Truth be told, I had to look up what a “bagger” motorcycle is. In simple terms it’s a motorcycle with saddlebags. But apparently it really refers to a rider’s passion for riding farther than to the local bike show, biker hangout or bar.
Even if you’re not into motorcycles, it’s fascinating to see what these premiere bike builders can create. Plus for me, there’s nothing better than watching a national TV show centered around the city I call home.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.