Phoenix will be front and center on the History Channel on July 1 with the debut of a new reality show called “Biker Battleground Phoenix.” The series follows five builders in the Valley competing in a biker build-off to build the most outrageous Bagger motorcycle.
The History Channel describes Phoenix as “where the country’s top motorcycle builders compete day and night. It’s a dog-eat-dog world, where buyers are willing to pay upwards of $150,000 for a full-customized, one-of-a-kind ride.”
Wow, Phoenix, Ariz. is the bike building capital of the world. Who knew?
Although I’m not a bike enthusiast, I am planning to check out Biker Battleground Phoenix. I saw a sneak peak of the show and I can tell you there are many beautiful shots of Arizona. Also, the Valley’s own Dierks Bentley sings the show’s theme song, “Ride On.” It’s a song that touches on everything from the fierce brotherhood of bike gangs to the thrill of the open desert highway.
The preview of the show had all of the drama and back-stabbing you’d expect from a typical reality show. The show focuses on how these guys would do whatever it takes to give themselves and their shops the ultimate edge over the rest.
Truth be told, I had to look up what a “bagger” motorcycle is. In simple terms it’s a motorcycle with saddlebags. But apparently it really refers to a rider’s passion for riding farther than to the local bike show, biker hangout or bar.
Even if you’re not into motorcycles, it’s fascinating to see what these premiere bike builders can create. Plus for me, there’s nothing better than watching a national TV show centered around the city I call home.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments