Phoenix will be front and center on the History Channel on July 1 with the debut of a new reality show called “Biker Battleground Phoenix.” The series follows five builders in the Valley competing in a biker build-off to build the most outrageous Bagger motorcycle.
The History Channel describes Phoenix as “where the country’s top motorcycle builders compete day and night. It’s a dog-eat-dog world, where buyers are willing to pay upwards of $150,000 for a full-customized, one-of-a-kind ride.”
Wow, Phoenix, Ariz. is the bike building capital of the world. Who knew?
Although I’m not a bike enthusiast, I am planning to check out Biker Battleground Phoenix. I saw a sneak peak of the show and I can tell you there are many beautiful shots of Arizona. Also, the Valley’s own Dierks Bentley sings the show’s theme song, “Ride On.” It’s a song that touches on everything from the fierce brotherhood of bike gangs to the thrill of the open desert highway.
The preview of the show had all of the drama and back-stabbing you’d expect from a typical reality show. The show focuses on how these guys would do whatever it takes to give themselves and their shops the ultimate edge over the rest.
Truth be told, I had to look up what a “bagger” motorcycle is. In simple terms it’s a motorcycle with saddlebags. But apparently it really refers to a rider’s passion for riding farther than to the local bike show, biker hangout or bar.
Even if you’re not into motorcycles, it’s fascinating to see what these premiere bike builders can create. Plus for me, there’s nothing better than watching a national TV show centered around the city I call home.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon