Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith’s 13-year-old daughter, Willow, has raised some eyebrows by posing with a 20-year-old shirtless actor in bed.
The man in the photo is Moisés Arias. Arias is known for his role as Rico on Disney’s “Hannah Montana.”
As you might imagine, the photo has caused quite a bit of controversy.
I get that Willow is not in bed, but rather on top of a bed. I understand that what’s going on appears to be innocent, and Arias is her brother’s best friend and someone she’s known for years. I realize that there’s at least one other person in the room because someone took the picture.
But, bottom line, I don’t care. I still think it’s inappropriate. She’s 13 years old!
When I was a kid, I was not allowed to be in my bedroom with a boy. Period. It didn’t matter what we were doing. Maybe I’m too traditional, but kids grow up way too fast these days.
My father taught me early in life about not putting myself in compromising situations. This would be a perfect example. As a young girl, why do you want to lay on a bed with a half-naked man? It’s just not necessary, and posting the photo on social media only complicates the situation.
As a public figure, Willow is someone girls look up to and, although Arias’ intentions may be innocent, that’s not the point. It simply sends the wrong message.
By the way, if you’re wondering what Willow’s parents, Will and Jada, thought about the photo they have no problem with it, according to TMZ. They said their daughter is “very mature” and that as long as her decisions “don’t clearly cross the line” then they trust her to make decent ones. They view the photo as innocent fun and an expression of art.
If that’s true, maybe that’s the problem.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food