Time Magazine just came out with a list of the 17 most influential burgers in history.
They claim they interviewed burger historians (I didn’t know there was such a thing!) and experts to determine which patties made the biggest impact on the burger industry—and the world at large.
Coming in at No. 1: The White Castle Slider.
The magazine said the “now-iconic square patty” that debuted in 1921 was the first burger to spawn a fast-food empire.
Although I grew up in New York eating White Castle sliders as a kid, I completely disagree that it is the “most influential” burger in history. I guess part of this depends on how you define influential.
The McDonald’s Big Mac and Burger King Whopper are certainly two of the most well-known burgers in America. But when I think of influential I think of something that changes our behavior and has a cultural impact.
I have never seen a fast food chain that has more passionate customers than In-N-Out.
Just look at social media. People get off airplanes and post about how they’re heading straight to In-N-Out because the chain doesn’t exist where they live and it’s the best burger they’ve ever tasted.
Celebrities are constantly posting pictures of their In-N-Out drive-through runs on their Twitter and Instagram accounts. Beyonce even posted a picture of her and her husband, Jay Z, on their private plane eating burgers from In-N-Out as they flew home after a concert. Think about it, they can choose anything in the world to eat and that’s what they picked?
Yup! Because it’s a one-of-a kind burger, that’s delicious and memorable.
I’m sorry Time Magazine, but your burger experts and historians simply got it wrong.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets