Time Magazine just came out with a list of the 17 most influential burgers in history.
They claim they interviewed burger historians (I didn’t know there was such a thing!) and experts to determine which patties made the biggest impact on the burger industry—and the world at large.
Coming in at No. 1: The White Castle Slider.
The magazine said the “now-iconic square patty” that debuted in 1921 was the first burger to spawn a fast-food empire.
Although I grew up in New York eating White Castle sliders as a kid, I completely disagree that it is the “most influential” burger in history. I guess part of this depends on how you define influential.
The McDonald’s Big Mac and Burger King Whopper are certainly two of the most well-known burgers in America. But when I think of influential I think of something that changes our behavior and has a cultural impact.
I have never seen a fast food chain that has more passionate customers than In-N-Out.
Just look at social media. People get off airplanes and post about how they’re heading straight to In-N-Out because the chain doesn’t exist where they live and it’s the best burger they’ve ever tasted.
Celebrities are constantly posting pictures of their In-N-Out drive-through runs on their Twitter and Instagram accounts. Beyonce even posted a picture of her and her husband, Jay Z, on their private plane eating burgers from In-N-Out as they flew home after a concert. Think about it, they can choose anything in the world to eat and that’s what they picked?
Yup! Because it’s a one-of-a kind burger, that’s delicious and memorable.
I’m sorry Time Magazine, but your burger experts and historians simply got it wrong.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development