Time Magazine just came out with a list of the 17 most influential burgers in history.
They claim they interviewed burger historians (I didn’t know there was such a thing!) and experts to determine which patties made the biggest impact on the burger industry—and the world at large.
Coming in at No. 1: The White Castle Slider.
The magazine said the “now-iconic square patty” that debuted in 1921 was the first burger to spawn a fast-food empire.
Although I grew up in New York eating White Castle sliders as a kid, I completely disagree that it is the “most influential” burger in history. I guess part of this depends on how you define influential.
The McDonald’s Big Mac and Burger King Whopper are certainly two of the most well-known burgers in America. But when I think of influential I think of something that changes our behavior and has a cultural impact.
I have never seen a fast food chain that has more passionate customers than In-N-Out.
Just look at social media. People get off airplanes and post about how they’re heading straight to In-N-Out because the chain doesn’t exist where they live and it’s the best burger they’ve ever tasted.
Celebrities are constantly posting pictures of their In-N-Out drive-through runs on their Twitter and Instagram accounts. Beyonce even posted a picture of her and her husband, Jay Z, on their private plane eating burgers from In-N-Out as they flew home after a concert. Think about it, they can choose anything in the world to eat and that’s what they picked?
Yup! Because it’s a one-of-a kind burger, that’s delicious and memorable.
I’m sorry Time Magazine, but your burger experts and historians simply got it wrong.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.