Here are some things that I’d like to see go away in 2014.
Most importantly, the selfie. Am I the only one who doesn’t take them? I’m tired of all the duck faces, poses in front of mirrors and celebrities posting them on Instagram. Enough already!
I hope I never have to talk about twerking again, and for that matter, Miley Cyrus’ tongue. I’ve heard Cyrus say she doesn’t know what to do in pictures so she sticks out her tongue. Really? Learn a new trick, please.
Kimye, also known as Kim Kardashian and Kayne West. Personally, I’m just not interested in hearing about their lives anymore and I know I’m not alone in this. Kayne recently said he is tired of sticking his foot in his mouth, so he is not going to say anything negative for at least six months. Yeah, I’ll believe that when I see it. Between naming their baby North West, Kayne’s over the top wedding proposal and that “meant to be sexy” unsexy music video, I’m done with these two. Get married, have babies, whatever. Just get off the cover of every magazine!
I like the hashtag. I really do. But let’s stop overhashtagging. Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon did a funny bit on “Saturday Night Live” on the overuse of hashtags. So they must agree that hashtags need to be applied more sparingly on social media.
Finally, I’m a Taylor Swift fan, but am I the only one tired of seeing her dance at awards shows? I get it, she knows the lyrics to every song in all different genres of music and she likes to get up and dance. No problem, Taylor. It’s the awards show producers who keep showing you on camera, over and over and over again. In 2014 can we go for a different cut away shot? Please?
What would you like to see go away in 2014? I’d love to know and, of course, Happy New Year!
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns