Here are some things that I’d like to see go away in 2014.
Most importantly, the selfie. Am I the only one who doesn’t take them? I’m tired of all the duck faces, poses in front of mirrors and celebrities posting them on Instagram. Enough already!
I hope I never have to talk about twerking again, and for that matter, Miley Cyrus’ tongue. I’ve heard Cyrus say she doesn’t know what to do in pictures so she sticks out her tongue. Really? Learn a new trick, please.
Kimye, also known as Kim Kardashian and Kayne West. Personally, I’m just not interested in hearing about their lives anymore and I know I’m not alone in this. Kayne recently said he is tired of sticking his foot in his mouth, so he is not going to say anything negative for at least six months. Yeah, I’ll believe that when I see it. Between naming their baby North West, Kayne’s over the top wedding proposal and that “meant to be sexy” unsexy music video, I’m done with these two. Get married, have babies, whatever. Just get off the cover of every magazine!
I like the hashtag. I really do. But let’s stop overhashtagging. Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon did a funny bit on “Saturday Night Live” on the overuse of hashtags. So they must agree that hashtags need to be applied more sparingly on social media.
Finally, I’m a Taylor Swift fan, but am I the only one tired of seeing her dance at awards shows? I get it, she knows the lyrics to every song in all different genres of music and she likes to get up and dance. No problem, Taylor. It’s the awards show producers who keep showing you on camera, over and over and over again. In 2014 can we go for a different cut away shot? Please?
What would you like to see go away in 2014? I’d love to know and, of course, Happy New Year!
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments