Here are some things that I’d like to see go away in 2014.
Most importantly, the selfie. Am I the only one who doesn’t take them? I’m tired of all the duck faces, poses in front of mirrors and celebrities posting them on Instagram. Enough already!
I hope I never have to talk about twerking again, and for that matter, Miley Cyrus’ tongue. I’ve heard Cyrus say she doesn’t know what to do in pictures so she sticks out her tongue. Really? Learn a new trick, please.
Kimye, also known as Kim Kardashian and Kayne West. Personally, I’m just not interested in hearing about their lives anymore and I know I’m not alone in this. Kayne recently said he is tired of sticking his foot in his mouth, so he is not going to say anything negative for at least six months. Yeah, I’ll believe that when I see it. Between naming their baby North West, Kayne’s over the top wedding proposal and that “meant to be sexy” unsexy music video, I’m done with these two. Get married, have babies, whatever. Just get off the cover of every magazine!
I like the hashtag. I really do. But let’s stop overhashtagging. Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon did a funny bit on “Saturday Night Live” on the overuse of hashtags. So they must agree that hashtags need to be applied more sparingly on social media.
Finally, I’m a Taylor Swift fan, but am I the only one tired of seeing her dance at awards shows? I get it, she knows the lyrics to every song in all different genres of music and she likes to get up and dance. No problem, Taylor. It’s the awards show producers who keep showing you on camera, over and over and over again. In 2014 can we go for a different cut away shot? Please?
What would you like to see go away in 2014? I’d love to know and, of course, Happy New Year!
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development