GoDaddy announced Thursday that the two commercials they will air during the upcoming Super Bowl will not be sexy or racy in nature.
GoDaddy executives said both of their spots will be “humor-laden” with a new brand message and “no sexual suggestiveness.”
When GoDaddy aired its first Super Bowl commercial in 2005, it was a $100 million company. Today, it’s a $1.3 billion company. I’d say they’ve been doing something right.
Why would they want to change their branding and marketing campaign? It makes no sense to me.
To be fair, I haven’t been a big fan of GoDaddy’s commercials over the years. I’m usually annoyed that they want you to visit their website to see the rest of the commercial because it’s too racy for TV. Plus, many of the commercials seem to degrade women or at least show them as nothing more than sexual beings.
That being said, Go Daddy’s commercials are extremely memorable.
I remember GoDaddy’s last Super Bowl commercial which featured supermodel Bar Refaeli planting a wet, lengthy French kiss on a super nerd. It was gross. It was hard to watch. It made my skin crawl. But it was memorable!
Everyone was talking about it the next day and for weeks to come. I bet you most people STILL remember it.
I’m a big proponent of the theory, “If it’s not broke don’t fix it.” Should Aflac dump the duck? Should Progressive stop using Flo?
GoDaddy said they need to change their brand messaging because they are the world’s largest Web hosting provider and nobody knows that. I say, who cares? If you’re making money (and clearly you are) does it really matter?
GoDaddy is making a huge mistake, or at the very least taking a huge unnecessary risk.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon