Finally! Judge Sherry Stephens issued her ruling regarding whether she will allow cameras in the courtroom for the retrial of the penalty phase in State v. Jodi Arias.
The judge surprised me and IS ALLOWING cameras to record the trial. Yes, I said “record” the trial. You see, she ordered that, although cameras are allowed in the courtroom, nothing can be AIRED until AFTER the jury returns a verdict.
This decision will serve dual purposes. The first being that it will help protect Arias’ right to a fair trial with a fair and impartial jury. The ruling also serves the second purpose of giving the public what they want. In other words, she split the baby.
Before this decision was released Judge Stephens had three options: Continue her stance of no cameras allowed in the courtroom, allow cameras and allow the trial to be aired in real time allow cameras but restrict the airing of the trial until after the verdict comes in. She obviously chose the third option.
Will this decision quench the public’s thirst for details of the retrial? I doubt it. Too many people were and are too invested in this trial to let it just go away. I predict that not as many people will actually watch the trial after the fact but I bet they all set their DVRs and fast-forward through it to the “good parts.”
Do not worry though. I will continue to give you daily updates on the trial right here on KTAR.com, Mac & Gaydos and on my show, The Agenda.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food