“American Idol” has named its new panel of judges for the next season of a show caught in the throes of demise.
Gone: Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj. Sorry for those of you who enjoy a good train wreck.
Reassigned: Randy Jackson. All I can say to you, dog, is that you worked it out. You did your thing. It was a bit pitchy in parts. But it was “aight.” The two members of your dog pound will miss you.
Staying: Keith Urban. The only one. I guess he’d rather be on “American Idol” than home pretending to be married to Nicole Kidman.
Returning: J-Lo. Record sales were much better when you were getting that free advertising every week on Fox, huh?
And newly added to the panel: Harry Connick, Jr.
It’s a fine panel. Now, who’s going to be the painfully honest one? Seriously, you can’t all be doters. Someone has to give sincere critical feedback. You can’t be a good judge without the willingness to be frank.
It’s the ingredient all great judges have in common.
The greatest judges in the history of television? It’s the subject of this week’s “The Five.”
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night