“American Idol” has named its new panel of judges for the next season of a show caught in the throes of demise.
Gone: Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj. Sorry for those of you who enjoy a good train wreck.
Reassigned: Randy Jackson. All I can say to you, dog, is that you worked it out. You did your thing. It was a bit pitchy in parts. But it was “aight.” The two members of your dog pound will miss you.
Staying: Keith Urban. The only one. I guess he’d rather be on “American Idol” than home pretending to be married to Nicole Kidman.
Returning: J-Lo. Record sales were much better when you were getting that free advertising every week on Fox, huh?
And newly added to the panel: Harry Connick, Jr.
It’s a fine panel. Now, who’s going to be the painfully honest one? Seriously, you can’t all be doters. Someone has to give sincere critical feedback. You can’t be a good judge without the willingness to be frank.
It’s the ingredient all great judges have in common.
The greatest judges in the history of television? It’s the subject of this week’s “The Five.”
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments