“American Idol” has named its new panel of judges for the next season of a show caught in the throes of demise.
Gone: Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj. Sorry for those of you who enjoy a good train wreck.
Reassigned: Randy Jackson. All I can say to you, dog, is that you worked it out. You did your thing. It was a bit pitchy in parts. But it was “aight.” The two members of your dog pound will miss you.
Staying: Keith Urban. The only one. I guess he’d rather be on “American Idol” than home pretending to be married to Nicole Kidman.
Returning: J-Lo. Record sales were much better when you were getting that free advertising every week on Fox, huh?
And newly added to the panel: Harry Connick, Jr.
It’s a fine panel. Now, who’s going to be the painfully honest one? Seriously, you can’t all be doters. Someone has to give sincere critical feedback. You can’t be a good judge without the willingness to be frank.
It’s the ingredient all great judges have in common.
The greatest judges in the history of television? It’s the subject of this week’s “The Five.”
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon