“All magazines will eventually go purely electronic.”
– Craig Mod, tech writer and CNN contributor
The demise of the magazine as we’ve known it seems as predictable as the demise of you and I. It’s not “if,” it’s “when.”
So is it a surprise that national magazine editors are willing to endure the siege of bad publicity for publicity’s sake?
After all, the practice is hardly a new one. Adolf Hitler was named “Time” Magazine’s Man of the Year in 1938, while the Fuhrer was in the midst of a campaign for world domination.
Today, magazines are more desperate than ever. And industry’s attempts to stun us are occurring with greater frequency. In the last year-and-a-half alone we’ve been exposed to a great number of shockers.
This week’s “The Five” recalls the five that have shocked us most.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food