“All magazines will eventually go purely electronic.”
– Craig Mod, tech writer and CNN contributor
The demise of the magazine as we’ve known it seems as predictable as the demise of you and I. It’s not “if,” it’s “when.”
So is it a surprise that national magazine editors are willing to endure the siege of bad publicity for publicity’s sake?
After all, the practice is hardly a new one. Adolf Hitler was named “Time” Magazine’s Man of the Year in 1938, while the Fuhrer was in the midst of a campaign for world domination.
Today, magazines are more desperate than ever. And industry’s attempts to stun us are occurring with greater frequency. In the last year-and-a-half alone we’ve been exposed to a great number of shockers.
This week’s “The Five” recalls the five that have shocked us most.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development