Are you single and thrifty? You could be lucky in love, according to new research.
Jenny Olson, a Ph.D. candidate at the University of Michigan’s Ross School of Business, and Scott Rick, associate marketing professor at the university conducted the study “A Penny Saved Is a Partner Earned: The Romantic Appeal of Savers.”
The two discovered that both genders find those who save attractive, saying it indicates self-control and responsibility.
According to a study by the Feinberg School of Medicine at Northwestern University, frugal partners may also be both mentally and physically healthier, as they do not have the added stress and depression of debt.
Olson, however, wants to make one thing clear: “There’s nothing attractive about cheapskates,” she explained to MarketWatch. “With tightwads, there will be a little bit of anxiety about spending. It’s about the pain of paying, parting with money,” so pay close attention to those first few dates.
While finding a mate who has a strong work ethic and a retirement plan may sound perfect, be prepared for a possible downside: Boredom.
Spenders tend to partake in adventurous activities, while savers “favor prudence over fun,” based on Olson and Rick’s results.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns