It seems a little ridiculous but that was a big topic of discussion a few years ago.
People would blog about how they couldn’t go to sleep at night without Chapstick on their bedside table and would wake up in the night to reapply it. You have to admit, it was intriguing but it doesn’t even seem possible.
When you think about addictions you think of alcohol, tobacco or drugs. But let’s take a closer look.
Addiction (def): a compulsive need for and use of a habit-forming substance (as heroin, nicotine, or alcohol) characterized by tolerance and by well-defined physiological symptoms upon withdrawal.
Habit-Forming (def): Capable of leading to physiological or psychological dependence
With that in mind, Chandler Cosmetic chemist John Hill says many lip balms and lotions have ingredients that are so cheap and not in sync with your skin that they leave your skin even dryer as they dry out, causing you to have to reapply the product and get caught in a cycle. There’s a physiological dependence and tolerance and you end up with a compulsive need.
It looks like it IS possible to be addicted to lip balm. But Hill can explain it much better than I can! And what to do about it.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy