It seems a little ridiculous but that was a big topic of discussion a few years ago.
People would blog about how they couldn’t go to sleep at night without Chapstick on their bedside table and would wake up in the night to reapply it. You have to admit, it was intriguing but it doesn’t even seem possible.
When you think about addictions you think of alcohol, tobacco or drugs. But let’s take a closer look.
Addiction (def): a compulsive need for and use of a habit-forming substance (as heroin, nicotine, or alcohol) characterized by tolerance and by well-defined physiological symptoms upon withdrawal.
Habit-Forming (def): Capable of leading to physiological or psychological dependence
With that in mind, Chandler Cosmetic chemist John Hill says many lip balms and lotions have ingredients that are so cheap and not in sync with your skin that they leave your skin even dryer as they dry out, causing you to have to reapply the product and get caught in a cycle. There’s a physiological dependence and tolerance and you end up with a compulsive need.
It looks like it IS possible to be addicted to lip balm. But Hill can explain it much better than I can! And what to do about it.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths