It seems a little ridiculous but that was a big topic of discussion a few years ago.
People would blog about how they couldn’t go to sleep at night without Chapstick on their bedside table and would wake up in the night to reapply it. You have to admit, it was intriguing but it doesn’t even seem possible.
When you think about addictions you think of alcohol, tobacco or drugs. But let’s take a closer look.
Addiction (def): a compulsive need for and use of a habit-forming substance (as heroin, nicotine, or alcohol) characterized by tolerance and by well-defined physiological symptoms upon withdrawal.
Habit-Forming (def): Capable of leading to physiological or psychological dependence
With that in mind, Chandler Cosmetic chemist John Hill says many lip balms and lotions have ingredients that are so cheap and not in sync with your skin that they leave your skin even dryer as they dry out, causing you to have to reapply the product and get caught in a cycle. There’s a physiological dependence and tolerance and you end up with a compulsive need.
It looks like it IS possible to be addicted to lip balm. But Hill can explain it much better than I can! And what to do about it.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life