I’m not sure if this mom’s actions will help much in the long run, but she felt strongly about it and took action.
Judy Cox was shopping with her son at a mall in Utah on Saturday when she saw something in the PacSun store window that sent her through the roof … T-shirts featuring scantily-clad girls draped in provocative poses.
I’m not sure if Judy’s issue was indecency for everyone walking by to see, or if it had something to do with her teenaged son and the values she’d tried to teach him. But whatever it was, Judy got those shirts out of the store window by going in and buying every single one of them! Yep, every one, and it cost her $567.
She says she is going to return them. But for a few days, University Mall in Orem is indecency free! Well, the PacSun is anyway.
About 10 years ago, there was a fad for stores that catered to young women to feature their fashions on mannequins that were obviously not wearing a bra. My daughter was about 8 at the time and was gaining an interest in clothes.
I remember having to explain that to her and one day I saw a group of mannequins in what was obviously a very cold store window so I went in and asked the clerk why clothes were being shown like that and why did they have to put it in the store window. She said that it was just the new store policy and she didn’t like it either. What else could she say?
About a month later, that store was gone from that location and I believe the entire company has closed.
I didn’t mean to put them out of business!
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns