I don’t mean to yell, but I just really, really want to emphasize that you should kick it into gear if you’re on the fence about buying a home.
There has never been a better time to buy. Prices are still relatively low in the Valley and so are interest rates, but there are two more reasons I feel you need to get it moving.
Reason #1: Big changes to the FHA loan program
It’s going to be more expensive to get an FHA loan. What is an FHA loan and why should you care? If you don’t have a ton of money for a down payment, then this is the loan you’ll likely be getting.
When buyers are approved for an FHA loan, they have to pay for mortgage insurance. This is a government-backed loan and the feds want assurance you’re going to pay your mortgage every month. This mortgage insurance would drop off once you had enough equity in your home.
Starting June 1, 2013, you’ll have it on there forever and the amount you’re going to have to pay is going to increase as well. For those that currently have an FHA loan, experts tell me that you don’t have to worry. It’s only for those taking a new loan out.
So that’s a great reason to get on your home purchase now, but that’s not the only one. How about free money to help?
Reason #2: Maricopa County is offering a grant
Take advantage of a grant Maricopa County is offering. I love the word grant. It means you don’t have to pay it back.”
All together rejoice!
It’s called the Maricopa County Home in 5 Advantage Program. You don’t have to give up your first born to get it either.
You do have to take an online class about home ownership, but really, isn’t that worth it? You can get 5 percent to help pay for your down payment or closing costs. Veteran you can get 6 percent.
Your household income must not exceed $90,000 per year.
FICO score must be 640.
Home price maximum is $300,000.
For more information, contact us.
Now, get a move on it people and don’t say I didn’t warn you!
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Caring Crisis: Rising tide In Alzheimer’s disease leads to shortage of caregivers
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain