I don’t mean to yell, but I just really, really want to emphasize that you should kick it into gear if you’re on the fence about buying a home.
There has never been a better time to buy. Prices are still relatively low in the Valley and so are interest rates, but there are two more reasons I feel you need to get it moving.
Reason #1: Big changes to the FHA loan program
It’s going to be more expensive to get an FHA loan. What is an FHA loan and why should you care? If you don’t have a ton of money for a down payment, then this is the loan you’ll likely be getting.
When buyers are approved for an FHA loan, they have to pay for mortgage insurance. This is a government-backed loan and the feds want assurance you’re going to pay your mortgage every month. This mortgage insurance would drop off once you had enough equity in your home.
Starting June 1, 2013, you’ll have it on there forever and the amount you’re going to have to pay is going to increase as well. For those that currently have an FHA loan, experts tell me that you don’t have to worry. It’s only for those taking a new loan out.
So that’s a great reason to get on your home purchase now, but that’s not the only one. How about free money to help?
Reason #2: Maricopa County is offering a grant
Take advantage of a grant Maricopa County is offering. I love the word grant. It means you don’t have to pay it back.”
All together rejoice!
It’s called the Maricopa County Home in 5 Advantage Program. You don’t have to give up your first born to get it either.
You do have to take an online class about home ownership, but really, isn’t that worth it? You can get 5 percent to help pay for your down payment or closing costs. Veteran you can get 6 percent.
Your household income must not exceed $90,000 per year.
FICO score must be 640.
Home price maximum is $300,000.
For more information, contact us.
Now, get a move on it people and don’t say I didn’t warn you!
- Peak your palate with gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again