You read that right! Free money to buy a home in Maricopa County.
It’s called the Maricopa County Home in 5 Advantage Program. It’s a big fat grant the county got.
Buyers (and you don’t have to a first time home buyer) get 5 percent from Maricopa County to use towards a down payment. Veterans who qualify get 6 percent.
If there’s one thing I love to do, it’s to tell people about great deals.
Do you need to donate a kidney to partipate or give up your first born? No. Here’s what you do need to do:
Have a minimum FICO score of 640.
Your annual income must not exceed $90,000 per year, but if you’re qualified United States military personnel, there is no income limit.
Home has to be within Maricopa County.
You must live in this home. It must be your primary residence.
You need to get your stuff moved in and living there within 60 days after close of escrow.
The best part? This is a grant, meaning you do not have to pay this money back.
You DO NOT have to pay this money back.
Not all lenders can participate.
Lisa Brown with Amerifirst Financial can facilitate the program. Contact her for help. You can also hear Lisa the Lender Saturdays at 3 p.m. on That Real Estate Show with Diane Brennan and Linda Williams on News/Talk 92.3 KTAR.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life