You read that right! Free money to buy a home in Maricopa County.
It’s called the Maricopa County Home in 5 Advantage Program. It’s a big fat grant the county got.
Buyers (and you don’t have to a first time home buyer) get 5 percent from Maricopa County to use towards a down payment. Veterans who qualify get 6 percent.
If there’s one thing I love to do, it’s to tell people about great deals.
Do you need to donate a kidney to partipate or give up your first born? No. Here’s what you do need to do:
Have a minimum FICO score of 640.
Your annual income must not exceed $90,000 per year, but if you’re qualified United States military personnel, there is no income limit.
Home has to be within Maricopa County.
You must live in this home. It must be your primary residence.
You need to get your stuff moved in and living there within 60 days after close of escrow.
The best part? This is a grant, meaning you do not have to pay this money back.
You DO NOT have to pay this money back.
Not all lenders can participate.
Lisa Brown with Amerifirst Financial can facilitate the program. Contact her for help. You can also hear Lisa the Lender Saturdays at 3 p.m. on That Real Estate Show with Diane Brennan and Linda Williams on News/Talk 92.3 KTAR.
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona