You read that right! Free money to buy a home in Maricopa County.
It’s called the Maricopa County Home in 5 Advantage Program. It’s a big fat grant the county got.
Buyers (and you don’t have to a first time home buyer) get 5 percent from Maricopa County to use towards a down payment. Veterans who qualify get 6 percent.
If there’s one thing I love to do, it’s to tell people about great deals.
Do you need to donate a kidney to partipate or give up your first born? No. Here’s what you do need to do:
Have a minimum FICO score of 640.
Your annual income must not exceed $90,000 per year, but if you’re qualified United States military personnel, there is no income limit.
Home has to be within Maricopa County.
You must live in this home. It must be your primary residence.
You need to get your stuff moved in and living there within 60 days after close of escrow.
The best part? This is a grant, meaning you do not have to pay this money back.
You DO NOT have to pay this money back.
Not all lenders can participate.
Lisa Brown with Amerifirst Financial can facilitate the program. Contact her for help. You can also hear Lisa the Lender Saturdays at 3 p.m. on That Real Estate Show with Diane Brennan and Linda Williams on News/Talk 92.3 KTAR.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments