You know, when I got started in real estate, I had no idea the image or stereotype some people had of us.
I loved my Realtor and wanted to be just like her!
In my “I just passed my real estate test” bliss, I pranced around proudly boasting that I am a Realtor.
Then came the confusing reactions; confusing to me.
I thought the winces were a response to wayward spittle accidentally shooting of my mouth, but no. I soon learned that it was the profession.
The profession was tainted by those before us. I don’t know when agents started getting the bad rap or who put us there, but I’d like to have a few choice words with them. I don’t know what it will take to pull us out of the sludge or be scraped off the pond, but I will tell you there are a lot of us that have integrity and care about our community.
You can find those agents at the Doubletree Resort in Scottsdale this Saturday. They will be supporting and raising money to help send 25 special kids to Camp Rainbow, a Phoenix Childrens’ Hospital camp for kids who have or have had cancer or a chronic blood disorder.
Every year these wonderful youngsters enjoy fun, lots of activities and meaningful experiences. How great is that?
Here’s how you can help:
Come to the show!
We would love, love, love to see you!
Doubletree Resort 5401 N. Scottsdale Road. Scottsdale, Ariz. 85250.
Bring your friends and family too. We let you in at 5 p.m., you can browse silent and live auction items and then the show starts at 7 p.m.! Get tickets!
Not bad for a bunch of people that float on top of a pond.
Not bad at all.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments