You know, when I got started in real estate, I had no idea the image or stereotype some people had of us.
I loved my Realtor and wanted to be just like her!
In my “I just passed my real estate test” bliss, I pranced around proudly boasting that I am a Realtor.
Then came the confusing reactions; confusing to me.
I thought the winces were a response to wayward spittle accidentally shooting of my mouth, but no. I soon learned that it was the profession.
The profession was tainted by those before us. I don’t know when agents started getting the bad rap or who put us there, but I’d like to have a few choice words with them. I don’t know what it will take to pull us out of the sludge or be scraped off the pond, but I will tell you there are a lot of us that have integrity and care about our community.
You can find those agents at the Doubletree Resort in Scottsdale this Saturday. They will be supporting and raising money to help send 25 special kids to Camp Rainbow, a Phoenix Childrens’ Hospital camp for kids who have or have had cancer or a chronic blood disorder.
Every year these wonderful youngsters enjoy fun, lots of activities and meaningful experiences. How great is that?
Here’s how you can help:
Come to the show!
We would love, love, love to see you!
Doubletree Resort 5401 N. Scottsdale Road. Scottsdale, Ariz. 85250.
Bring your friends and family too. We let you in at 5 p.m., you can browse silent and live auction items and then the show starts at 7 p.m.! Get tickets!
Not bad for a bunch of people that float on top of a pond.
Not bad at all.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains