You know, when I got started in real estate, I had no idea the image or stereotype some people had of us.
I loved my Realtor and wanted to be just like her!
In my “I just passed my real estate test” bliss, I pranced around proudly boasting that I am a Realtor.
Then came the confusing reactions; confusing to me.
I thought the winces were a response to wayward spittle accidentally shooting of my mouth, but no. I soon learned that it was the profession.
The profession was tainted by those before us. I don’t know when agents started getting the bad rap or who put us there, but I’d like to have a few choice words with them. I don’t know what it will take to pull us out of the sludge or be scraped off the pond, but I will tell you there are a lot of us that have integrity and care about our community.
You can find those agents at the Doubletree Resort in Scottsdale this Saturday. They will be supporting and raising money to help send 25 special kids to Camp Rainbow, a Phoenix Childrens’ Hospital camp for kids who have or have had cancer or a chronic blood disorder.
Every year these wonderful youngsters enjoy fun, lots of activities and meaningful experiences. How great is that?
Here’s how you can help:
Come to the show!
We would love, love, love to see you!
Doubletree Resort 5401 N. Scottsdale Road. Scottsdale, Ariz. 85250.
Bring your friends and family too. We let you in at 5 p.m., you can browse silent and live auction items and then the show starts at 7 p.m.! Get tickets!
Not bad for a bunch of people that float on top of a pond.
Not bad at all.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them