You know, when I got started in real estate, I had no idea the image or stereotype some people had of us.
I loved my Realtor and wanted to be just like her!
In my “I just passed my real estate test” bliss, I pranced around proudly boasting that I am a Realtor.
Then came the confusing reactions; confusing to me.
I thought the winces were a response to wayward spittle accidentally shooting of my mouth, but no. I soon learned that it was the profession.
The profession was tainted by those before us. I don’t know when agents started getting the bad rap or who put us there, but I’d like to have a few choice words with them. I don’t know what it will take to pull us out of the sludge or be scraped off the pond, but I will tell you there are a lot of us that have integrity and care about our community.
You can find those agents at the Doubletree Resort in Scottsdale this Saturday. They will be supporting and raising money to help send 25 special kids to Camp Rainbow, a Phoenix Childrens’ Hospital camp for kids who have or have had cancer or a chronic blood disorder.
Every year these wonderful youngsters enjoy fun, lots of activities and meaningful experiences. How great is that?
Here’s how you can help:
Come to the show!
We would love, love, love to see you!
Doubletree Resort 5401 N. Scottsdale Road. Scottsdale, Ariz. 85250.
Bring your friends and family too. We let you in at 5 p.m., you can browse silent and live auction items and then the show starts at 7 p.m.! Get tickets!
Not bad for a bunch of people that float on top of a pond.
Not bad at all.
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever