We all keep hearing the words “rates are low.”
Yes, they are low and values have and are still going up as you read this. These rates won’t last forever and it may be time for you to refinance to have your monthly mortgage insurance removed from your monthly mortgage payment.
Typically, most loans require that you keep the monthly mortgage insurance for a minimum of five to six years depending on your current loan program. Refinancing your mortgage now may allow you to remove the mortgage insurance from your payment completely.
In addition, you may lower your interest rate at the same time.
Even if you only lower your current interest rate slightly, it may still be advantageous to refinance just to remove the monthly mortgage insurance from your payment.
The key here is your home value. Some areas of Arizona have seen over a 20 percent value increase over the last year. You may be surprised what your current home value is, considering all the bad housing news we have gotten used to hearing over the last couple of years.
How do I find out what my home is worth, you ask? Your loan officer can help you research your value with the assistance of a realtor by researching what the homes have been selling in your neighborhood and determining and average price per square foot.
Using Zillow.com and other value sites is not the most accurate source, so turn to the experts for assistance.
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered