We all keep hearing the words “rates are low.”
Yes, they are low and values have and are still going up as you read this. These rates won’t last forever and it may be time for you to refinance to have your monthly mortgage insurance removed from your monthly mortgage payment.
Typically, most loans require that you keep the monthly mortgage insurance for a minimum of five to six years depending on your current loan program. Refinancing your mortgage now may allow you to remove the mortgage insurance from your payment completely.
In addition, you may lower your interest rate at the same time.
Even if you only lower your current interest rate slightly, it may still be advantageous to refinance just to remove the monthly mortgage insurance from your payment.
The key here is your home value. Some areas of Arizona have seen over a 20 percent value increase over the last year. You may be surprised what your current home value is, considering all the bad housing news we have gotten used to hearing over the last couple of years.
How do I find out what my home is worth, you ask? Your loan officer can help you research your value with the assistance of a realtor by researching what the homes have been selling in your neighborhood and determining and average price per square foot.
Using Zillow.com and other value sites is not the most accurate source, so turn to the experts for assistance.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths