Why not live your last days in luxury?
That’s my thought.
Actually I saw this article in the Huffington Post and thought it was a great idea. They thought if the various apocalyptic prophesies about 12/21/12 come true, why not live like the rich and famous for the end of your days? Heavy mortgage payments? Who cares!
They showed readers apocalypse worthy homes in the Washington, D.C. area. I thought I’d show you great homes to spend the end of the world in right here in the Valley.
We have a lot of money here in the Valley and a lot of that money lives in Paradise Valley, Silverleaf and Desert Mountain, to name a few. Why I’m not related to any of them is beyond me.
The most expensive home for sale I could find in the entire Valley is in North Scottsdale in Silverleaf. Silverleaf is a part of DC Ranch but residents in Silverleaf make it very clear they do NOT live in DC Ranch, they live in Silverleaf. Ahem. Okay.
It’s listed for, I don’t know what’s easier to read; $25,000,000 or $25 million or 25 million dollars?
You tell me.
So, wouldn’t you just love to see the pictures?
So would I, I can’t stand the suspense.
Drum roll please,
(lone tumbleweed rolls by)
There are only two pictures.
TWO pictures of a $25 million dollar house on the Arizona Multiple Listing Service! Can you believe that?
And not one of those photos are of the actual house.
With that price tag could someone spring for an artist’s rendering of the place at least? For now, we’ll have to just imagine what that one looks like. That Realtor is not getting my money.
If that doesn’t have you salivating for the final countdown, take a look at five others that will knock the earth’s socks off in Paradise Valley.
So there you have it. Some gorgeous real estate to live in for the final count down and as the Huffington Post says, even better to see the world keep going on for a nice long time.
Join Real Estate Expert and Realtor Extraordinaire Diane Brennan, Lisa the Lender who is always looking for a date and hates it when we tease her, every Saturday at 3pm for That Real Estate Show on News Talk 92.3 KTAR.
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Caring Crisis: Rising tide In Alzheimer’s disease leads to shortage of caregivers
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain