Why not live your last days in luxury?
That’s my thought.
Actually I saw this article in the Huffington Post and thought it was a great idea. They thought if the various apocalyptic prophesies about 12/21/12 come true, why not live like the rich and famous for the end of your days? Heavy mortgage payments? Who cares!
They showed readers apocalypse worthy homes in the Washington, D.C. area. I thought I’d show you great homes to spend the end of the world in right here in the Valley.
We have a lot of money here in the Valley and a lot of that money lives in Paradise Valley, Silverleaf and Desert Mountain, to name a few. Why I’m not related to any of them is beyond me.
The most expensive home for sale I could find in the entire Valley is in North Scottsdale in Silverleaf. Silverleaf is a part of DC Ranch but residents in Silverleaf make it very clear they do NOT live in DC Ranch, they live in Silverleaf. Ahem. Okay.
It’s listed for, I don’t know what’s easier to read; $25,000,000 or $25 million or 25 million dollars?
You tell me.
So, wouldn’t you just love to see the pictures?
So would I, I can’t stand the suspense.
Drum roll please,
(lone tumbleweed rolls by)
There are only two pictures.
TWO pictures of a $25 million dollar house on the Arizona Multiple Listing Service! Can you believe that?
And not one of those photos are of the actual house.
With that price tag could someone spring for an artist’s rendering of the place at least? For now, we’ll have to just imagine what that one looks like. That Realtor is not getting my money.
If that doesn’t have you salivating for the final countdown, take a look at five others that will knock the earth’s socks off in Paradise Valley.
So there you have it. Some gorgeous real estate to live in for the final count down and as the Huffington Post says, even better to see the world keep going on for a nice long time.
Join Real Estate Expert and Realtor Extraordinaire Diane Brennan, Lisa the Lender who is always looking for a date and hates it when we tease her, every Saturday at 3pm for That Real Estate Show on News Talk 92.3 KTAR.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon