Why not live your last days in luxury?
That’s my thought.
Actually I saw this article in the Huffington Post and thought it was a great idea. They thought if the various apocalyptic prophesies about 12/21/12 come true, why not live like the rich and famous for the end of your days? Heavy mortgage payments? Who cares!
They showed readers apocalypse worthy homes in the Washington, D.C. area. I thought I’d show you great homes to spend the end of the world in right here in the Valley.
We have a lot of money here in the Valley and a lot of that money lives in Paradise Valley, Silverleaf and Desert Mountain, to name a few. Why I’m not related to any of them is beyond me.
The most expensive home for sale I could find in the entire Valley is in North Scottsdale in Silverleaf. Silverleaf is a part of DC Ranch but residents in Silverleaf make it very clear they do NOT live in DC Ranch, they live in Silverleaf. Ahem. Okay.
It’s listed for, I don’t know what’s easier to read; $25,000,000 or $25 million or 25 million dollars?
You tell me.
So, wouldn’t you just love to see the pictures?
So would I, I can’t stand the suspense.
Drum roll please,
(lone tumbleweed rolls by)
There are only two pictures.
TWO pictures of a $25 million dollar house on the Arizona Multiple Listing Service! Can you believe that?
And not one of those photos are of the actual house.
With that price tag could someone spring for an artist’s rendering of the place at least? For now, we’ll have to just imagine what that one looks like. That Realtor is not getting my money.
If that doesn’t have you salivating for the final countdown, take a look at five others that will knock the earth’s socks off in Paradise Valley.
So there you have it. Some gorgeous real estate to live in for the final count down and as the Huffington Post says, even better to see the world keep going on for a nice long time.
Join Real Estate Expert and Realtor Extraordinaire Diane Brennan, Lisa the Lender who is always looking for a date and hates it when we tease her, every Saturday at 3pm for That Real Estate Show on News Talk 92.3 KTAR.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier