It’s that time of the year when people start thinking about taking their homes off the market for the holidays or even waiting until January.
My advice? Don’t wait.
While visions of sugar plums dance in your head, you may be missing out big time. You may think it’s going to be too tough with the holidays. You may think no one is going to be interested in looking at houses during the holidays.
Wrong, especially here in the Valley.
We live in the land of sunshine, where everyone from all over the U.S. comes to visit, especially during the holidays. Granted, we have a lot of people leave for the holidays, but we have plane loads coming in.
By taking your house off the market or waiting to put it on the market, you may be missing out on a great opportunity to show your home to people who are from out of state or country.
Want to wait because you think prices will be higher in the spring?
If you’re selling, then you’re likely buying. You may get more for your home in the spring, but you’re going to pay more for one too.
There are a lot of new listings come on the market in March, April and May, which means more competition and options for potential buyers. We know for a fact that inventory is currently low and there are a ton of buyers just waiting for new properties to come on the market to jump on.
Make sure it’s your house.
Diane Brennan is Your Voice in Real Estate for the Phoenix, Arizona metro area. She also co-hosts That Real Estate Show with Linda Williams every Saturday at 3pm on News Talk 92.3 KTAR. She failed miserably at pursuing a career in gold digging and currently helps people buy and sell property everywhere in the Phoenix metro area from Scottsdale to Paradise Valley to Goodyear and Chandler. Rumor is she knows her stuff and can be quite enjoyable to be around for long periods of time. Her driving…not so much.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night