It’s that time of the year when people start thinking about taking their homes off the market for the holidays or even waiting until January.
My advice? Don’t wait.
While visions of sugar plums dance in your head, you may be missing out big time. You may think it’s going to be too tough with the holidays. You may think no one is going to be interested in looking at houses during the holidays.
Wrong, especially here in the Valley.
We live in the land of sunshine, where everyone from all over the U.S. comes to visit, especially during the holidays. Granted, we have a lot of people leave for the holidays, but we have plane loads coming in.
By taking your house off the market or waiting to put it on the market, you may be missing out on a great opportunity to show your home to people who are from out of state or country.
Want to wait because you think prices will be higher in the spring?
If you’re selling, then you’re likely buying. You may get more for your home in the spring, but you’re going to pay more for one too.
There are a lot of new listings come on the market in March, April and May, which means more competition and options for potential buyers. We know for a fact that inventory is currently low and there are a ton of buyers just waiting for new properties to come on the market to jump on.
Make sure it’s your house.
Diane Brennan is Your Voice in Real Estate for the Phoenix, Arizona metro area. She also co-hosts That Real Estate Show with Linda Williams every Saturday at 3pm on News Talk 92.3 KTAR. She failed miserably at pursuing a career in gold digging and currently helps people buy and sell property everywhere in the Phoenix metro area from Scottsdale to Paradise Valley to Goodyear and Chandler. Rumor is she knows her stuff and can be quite enjoyable to be around for long periods of time. Her driving…not so much.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon