Short Takes is a video feature where you get to ask any of our hosts or reporters about a topic in the news and they’ll give you their take on it.
Bill “Wallace” Thompson, who created, produced and co-starred in the “Wallace and Ladmo Show,” died this week. The children’s program, which aired 10,000 shows over its 35-year run, was historic and beloved by generations of Arizonans. Pat McMahon played Gerald and a host of other characters on the show, and called Wallace a mentor.
Here is News/Talk 92.3 KTAR host Pat McMahon’s take on what made Wallace and the “Wallace and Ladmo Show” so special:
A memorial for Thompson has been set for Monday, Aug. 11.
Fans of the show took to social media and emailing KTAR to express both their condolences and memories of Thompson. If you haven’t yet, you can do the same on the KTAR Facebook page, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Editor’s note: All emails received will be passed along to Pat McMahon so he can share them with Bill Thompson’s family.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food