Short Takes is a video feature where you get to ask any of our hosts or reporters about a topic in the news and they’ll give you their take on it.
Bill “Wallace” Thompson, who created, produced and co-starred in the “Wallace and Ladmo Show,” died this week. The children’s program, which aired 10,000 shows over its 35-year run, was historic and beloved by generations of Arizonans. Pat McMahon played Gerald and a host of other characters on the show, and called Wallace a mentor.
Here is News/Talk 92.3 KTAR host Pat McMahon’s take on what made Wallace and the “Wallace and Ladmo Show” so special:
A memorial for Thompson has been set for Monday, Aug. 11.
Fans of the show took to social media and emailing KTAR to express both their condolences and memories of Thompson. If you haven’t yet, you can do the same on the KTAR Facebook page, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Editor’s note: All emails received will be passed along to Pat McMahon so he can share them with Bill Thompson’s family.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night