Short Takes is a video feature where you get to ask any of our hosts or reporters about a topic in the news and they’ll give you their take on it.
Bill “Wallace” Thompson, who created, produced and co-starred in the “Wallace and Ladmo Show,” died this week. The children’s program, which aired 10,000 shows over its 35-year run, was historic and beloved by generations of Arizonans. Pat McMahon played Gerald and a host of other characters on the show, and called Wallace a mentor.
Here is News/Talk 92.3 KTAR host Pat McMahon’s take on what made Wallace and the “Wallace and Ladmo Show” so special:
A memorial for Thompson has been set for Monday, Aug. 11.
Fans of the show took to social media and emailing KTAR to express both their condolences and memories of Thompson. If you haven’t yet, you can do the same on the KTAR Facebook page, or emailing email@example.com.
Editor’s note: All emails received will be passed along to Pat McMahon so he can share them with Bill Thompson’s family.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments