Short Takes is a video feature where you get to ask any of our hosts or reporters about a topic in the news and they’ll give you their take on it.
Bill “Wallace” Thompson, who created, produced and co-starred in the “Wallace and Ladmo Show,” died this week. The children’s program, which aired 10,000 shows over its 35-year run, was historic and beloved by generations of Arizonans. Pat McMahon played Gerald and a host of other characters on the show, and called Wallace a mentor.
Here is News/Talk 92.3 KTAR host Pat McMahon’s take on what made Wallace and the “Wallace and Ladmo Show” so special:
A memorial for Thompson has been set for Monday, Aug. 11.
Fans of the show took to social media and emailing KTAR to express both their condolences and memories of Thompson. If you haven’t yet, you can do the same on the KTAR Facebook page, or emailing email@example.com.
Editor’s note: All emails received will be passed along to Pat McMahon so he can share them with Bill Thompson’s family.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development