Every year the James Beard Foundation hands out its awards for exceptional work in the restaurant industry. Ranging from chefs and restaurateurs to food journalists and cookbook authors, the ‘Beard Awards’ are the highest honor awarded to professionals.
Here on Menus and McMahon, I like to take notice of restaurants in Phoenix that have impressed me, and I’m happy to say a few of my favorites have made the list of semi-finalists.
A few on the list are to be expected, like ‘Pizzeria Bianco’ and restaurant owner Sam Fox.
Watch the video to see the other local restaurants and chefs nominated or find a list of all the semifinalists here.
The finalists will be announced March 18th, with the awards being given on May 2 and May 5.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier