Zuhdi Jasser is a medical doctor specializing in internal medicine and nuclear cardiology.
That alone would make for an interesting life, but he also is a devout Muslim and a founder of the American Islamic Forum for Democracy, an organization committed to a logical, rational and non-violent practice of his faith.
He has spoken to congressional committees about the dangers and threats of political Islam, representing the position that to be a true Muslim is to reject terrorism in every form.
Jasser not only serves his faith and is a medical practitioner, but also spent 11 years in the U.S. Navy, rising to the rank of Lt. Commander.
Who better to ask, “What’s it like to be a conservative Muslim in America?
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier