What’s it like being a pediatrician?
Dr. Randall Christensen from Phoenix Children’s Hospital thinks it’s great! There couldn’t possibly be a more gratifying medical specialty. Your patients are smiling little cherubs who, when they’re sick, you can make well. That’s the best of it.
The worst has to be treating a child with a terminal illness you know won’t make it no matter what you do. What’s it like being a specialist in a field where your patient can only cry instead of being able to tell you where it hurts? What’s it like when you’re torn between your adolescent patient telling you, the trusted doctor, about private confidential matters that parents feel they need to know?
What’s it like being a pediatrician? It’s the best feeling in the world!
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development