PHOENIX – The ACLU of Arizona stopped by to talk about what the organization does and what it tries to accomplish.
Alessandra Soler, Executive Director of the American Civil Liberties Union of Arizona told me about the ACLU and what it’s all about.
“The ACLU is a non-profit civil rights organization that defends everyone’s rights. We defend the principles and the values that are outlined in the Bill of Rights,” Soler said.
I also asked Soler about illegal immigration.
Soler explained that back in the day, one of the goals of the non-profit was to help European immigrants who were being kicked out based on their political affiliations.
When I asked her if this means she was defending immigrants who cross illegally into the country, she said she was defending everyone’s rights to fairness.
“What we’re saying is that our immigration laws have to treat people fairly and humanely,” she said. “Many people are coming into this country because they are seeking better lives for themselves and they come to work.”
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life