PHOENIX – The ACLU of Arizona stopped by to talk about what the organization does and what it tries to accomplish.
Alessandra Soler, Executive Director of the American Civil Liberties Union of Arizona told me about the ACLU and what it’s all about.
“The ACLU is a non-profit civil rights organization that defends everyone’s rights. We defend the principles and the values that are outlined in the Bill of Rights,” Soler said.
I also asked Soler about illegal immigration.
Soler explained that back in the day, one of the goals of the non-profit was to help European immigrants who were being kicked out based on their political affiliations.
When I asked her if this means she was defending immigrants who cross illegally into the country, she said she was defending everyone’s rights to fairness.
“What we’re saying is that our immigration laws have to treat people fairly and humanely,” she said. “Many people are coming into this country because they are seeking better lives for themselves and they come to work.”
- Peak your palate with gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again