Do you need a place to get out of the summer heat and enjoy an ice cream sundae or root beer float? Well I have the place for you. MacAlpine’s Soda Fountain in Phoenix has been around since 1928 and it hasn’t changed much since that day. In fact, at MacAlpine’s, the shakes are made from the same shake machine they have had since the ’40s.
Let’s not forget about the banana split, unbelievable. Ben and Jerry, you don’t stand a chance. Take a step inside this local Phoenix treasure and you will feel like you were put in a time machine.
MacAlpine’s Soda Fountain:
2303 N 7th St.
Phoenix, Arizona 85006
Phone: (602) 262-5545
Sunday to Thursday 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Friday and Saturday 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain