By this time Wednesday, Arizona should know what Republican will run against Democrat Fred Duval for governor — and a decision couldn’t come soon enough.
We have heard from most of the Republican candidates how vile, corrupt and unprincipled all the others are. One more day of campaigning and I would have expected to see the Arizona primary featured on “America’s Most Wanted.”
But we all know that within 48 hours, healing waters will wash over them all and realizing their egregious errors in judgement, they will enthusiastically support the party’s candidate. The same exercise in valueless electioneering would, no doubt, have been equally true of Democrats seeking the ninth floor throne, but Duval escaped the flying smut by running unopposed.
If I may speak for most Arizonans to the remaining two: Please take the high road on your way to the general election. Please just acknowledge your disagreements without branding your opponent as a sociopath.
And on a personal note: Please just make me proud to be an Arizonan.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.