By this time Wednesday, Arizona should know what Republican will run against Democrat Fred Duval for governor — and a decision couldn’t come soon enough.
We have heard from most of the Republican candidates how vile, corrupt and unprincipled all the others are. One more day of campaigning and I would have expected to see the Arizona primary featured on “America’s Most Wanted.”
But we all know that within 48 hours, healing waters will wash over them all and realizing their egregious errors in judgement, they will enthusiastically support the party’s candidate. The same exercise in valueless electioneering would, no doubt, have been equally true of Democrats seeking the ninth floor throne, but Duval escaped the flying smut by running unopposed.
If I may speak for most Arizonans to the remaining two: Please take the high road on your way to the general election. Please just acknowledge your disagreements without branding your opponent as a sociopath.
And on a personal note: Please just make me proud to be an Arizonan.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns