By this time Wednesday, Arizona should know what Republican will run against Democrat Fred Duval for governor — and a decision couldn’t come soon enough.
We have heard from most of the Republican candidates how vile, corrupt and unprincipled all the others are. One more day of campaigning and I would have expected to see the Arizona primary featured on “America’s Most Wanted.”
But we all know that within 48 hours, healing waters will wash over them all and realizing their egregious errors in judgement, they will enthusiastically support the party’s candidate. The same exercise in valueless electioneering would, no doubt, have been equally true of Democrats seeking the ninth floor throne, but Duval escaped the flying smut by running unopposed.
If I may speak for most Arizonans to the remaining two: Please take the high road on your way to the general election. Please just acknowledge your disagreements without branding your opponent as a sociopath.
And on a personal note: Please just make me proud to be an Arizonan.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon