Look, over the years I haven’t asked you for a great deal, but today I am going to request a personal favor.
Tomorrow, Tuesday, Aug. 26, please vote.
Now, I don’t want to hear those lame excuses like your vote doesn’t count or you don’t like any of the candidates.
In North Korea, your vote is meaningless. Here, it’s an extraordinary gift and if you don’t use it, the vote of that goofy guy down the street counts twice. A lot of us have trouble finding a candidate that represents everything we stand for. You can’t find a spouse like that either.
So look for someone on the ballot that you object to least and then when they win you continue to remind them that if they want your next vote, they better pay attention.
Yes, tomorrow is only the primary. Unimportant? Hardly.
You’re the coach and that’s when you hand pick who’s on the varsity team — who’s going to play in the big game.
So vote. Tomorrow.
If you’re not registered, do it before November. If you just don’t care, do me one more favor: shut up.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments