Look, over the years I haven’t asked you for a great deal, but today I am going to request a personal favor.
Tomorrow, Tuesday, Aug. 26, please vote.
Now, I don’t want to hear those lame excuses like your vote doesn’t count or you don’t like any of the candidates.
In North Korea, your vote is meaningless. Here, it’s an extraordinary gift and if you don’t use it, the vote of that goofy guy down the street counts twice. A lot of us have trouble finding a candidate that represents everything we stand for. You can’t find a spouse like that either.
So look for someone on the ballot that you object to least and then when they win you continue to remind them that if they want your next vote, they better pay attention.
Yes, tomorrow is only the primary. Unimportant? Hardly.
You’re the coach and that’s when you hand pick who’s on the varsity team — who’s going to play in the big game.
So vote. Tomorrow.
If you’re not registered, do it before November. If you just don’t care, do me one more favor: shut up.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night