Look, over the years I haven’t asked you for a great deal, but today I am going to request a personal favor.
Tomorrow, Tuesday, Aug. 26, please vote.
Now, I don’t want to hear those lame excuses like your vote doesn’t count or you don’t like any of the candidates.
In North Korea, your vote is meaningless. Here, it’s an extraordinary gift and if you don’t use it, the vote of that goofy guy down the street counts twice. A lot of us have trouble finding a candidate that represents everything we stand for. You can’t find a spouse like that either.
So look for someone on the ballot that you object to least and then when they win you continue to remind them that if they want your next vote, they better pay attention.
Yes, tomorrow is only the primary. Unimportant? Hardly.
You’re the coach and that’s when you hand pick who’s on the varsity team — who’s going to play in the big game.
So vote. Tomorrow.
If you’re not registered, do it before November. If you just don’t care, do me one more favor: shut up.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas