When the tensions all over the Middle East are so dangerously unpredictable, when dictators still treacherously rule, I think it’s time to concentrate, for just a little while, on another place.
Join me, if you will, as I apply for citizenship in Never Never Land.
Tuesday I did a TV interview with a young actor currently playing Peter Pan at the Arizona Broadway Theatre. I commented that a local production had just been done, about a month ago, at the Herberger and that there are movies and now NBC is about to present a follow-up to its live, enormously successful “Sound of Music.”
Yep! “Peter Pan,” with Christopher Walken as Captain Hook.
But, why this story? Why those characters so vibrantly alive all this time since 1902? Do you think there’s something universally magical about a boy — even one played by a girl — who never wants to grow up?
I suppose to find the answer I’d have to go to Never Never Land. Want to join me? Second star to the right — then straight on till morning.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever