When the tensions all over the Middle East are so dangerously unpredictable, when dictators still treacherously rule, I think it’s time to concentrate, for just a little while, on another place.
Join me, if you will, as I apply for citizenship in Never Never Land.
Tuesday I did a TV interview with a young actor currently playing Peter Pan at the Arizona Broadway Theatre. I commented that a local production had just been done, about a month ago, at the Herberger and that there are movies and now NBC is about to present a follow-up to its live, enormously successful “Sound of Music.”
Yep! “Peter Pan,” with Christopher Walken as Captain Hook.
But, why this story? Why those characters so vibrantly alive all this time since 1902? Do you think there’s something universally magical about a boy — even one played by a girl — who never wants to grow up?
I suppose to find the answer I’d have to go to Never Never Land. Want to join me? Second star to the right — then straight on till morning.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food