When the tensions all over the Middle East are so dangerously unpredictable, when dictators still treacherously rule, I think it’s time to concentrate, for just a little while, on another place.
Join me, if you will, as I apply for citizenship in Never Never Land.
Tuesday I did a TV interview with a young actor currently playing Peter Pan at the Arizona Broadway Theatre. I commented that a local production had just been done, about a month ago, at the Herberger and that there are movies and now NBC is about to present a follow-up to its live, enormously successful “Sound of Music.”
Yep! “Peter Pan,” with Christopher Walken as Captain Hook.
But, why this story? Why those characters so vibrantly alive all this time since 1902? Do you think there’s something universally magical about a boy — even one played by a girl — who never wants to grow up?
I suppose to find the answer I’d have to go to Never Never Land. Want to join me? Second star to the right — then straight on till morning.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains