Is it possible that it’s been 30 years since I used to do radio shows from the two floors of Good Samaritan that were formerly Phoenix Children’s Hospital?
Those were the days when a nurse or a doctor would call the “Wallace and Ladmo Show” office and tell us that one of the patients would like us to come visit, and we went because it was Phoenix Children’s Hospital, and they always knew the right thing to do.
In those years, PCH has grown into a tower-home that’s a 4-story monument to caring. Yes, now PCH is considered to be one of the top pediatric hospitals in the nation, but they take care of our kids with the same warmth and personal attention that they did when both Phoenix and the hospital were smaller.
I can tell you now, way back then, a nurse would occasionally sneak a pet into the kids playroom. Now, the animal-assisted therapy program is a part of getting better with a dog to hug.
They are technologically advanced. They can be medically miraculous. But most importantly, for 30 years, they are ours. Phoenix Children’s Hospital: Happy birthday.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments