Is it possible that it’s been 30 years since I used to do radio shows from the two floors of Good Samaritan that were formerly Phoenix Children’s Hospital?
Those were the days when a nurse or a doctor would call the “Wallace and Ladmo Show” office and tell us that one of the patients would like us to come visit, and we went because it was Phoenix Children’s Hospital, and they always knew the right thing to do.
In those years, PCH has grown into a tower-home that’s a 4-story monument to caring. Yes, now PCH is considered to be one of the top pediatric hospitals in the nation, but they take care of our kids with the same warmth and personal attention that they did when both Phoenix and the hospital were smaller.
I can tell you now, way back then, a nurse would occasionally sneak a pet into the kids playroom. Now, the animal-assisted therapy program is a part of getting better with a dog to hug.
They are technologically advanced. They can be medically miraculous. But most importantly, for 30 years, they are ours. Phoenix Children’s Hospital: Happy birthday.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon