Is it possible that it’s been 30 years since I used to do radio shows from the two floors of Good Samaritan that were formerly Phoenix Children’s Hospital?
Those were the days when a nurse or a doctor would call the “Wallace and Ladmo Show” office and tell us that one of the patients would like us to come visit, and we went because it was Phoenix Children’s Hospital, and they always knew the right thing to do.
In those years, PCH has grown into a tower-home that’s a 4-story monument to caring. Yes, now PCH is considered to be one of the top pediatric hospitals in the nation, but they take care of our kids with the same warmth and personal attention that they did when both Phoenix and the hospital were smaller.
I can tell you now, way back then, a nurse would occasionally sneak a pet into the kids playroom. Now, the animal-assisted therapy program is a part of getting better with a dog to hug.
They are technologically advanced. They can be medically miraculous. But most importantly, for 30 years, they are ours. Phoenix Children’s Hospital: Happy birthday.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier