The wheels under Air Force One had barely been retracted as President Obama left the Valley Tuesday, when Governor Jan Brewer issued the official response to his visit.
She denounced Obama for promoting “big government” to his audience of primarily students at Desert Vista High School, and adding that she was disappointed with the president.
And I’m disappointed in you, Governor Brewer. Many Arizonans were relieved you didn’t use another finger when welcoming him. But was it really necessary to issue such a harsh, self-serving critique virtually before he could turn off his electrical devices and make sure his seat belt was secure?
And it’s only your timing I’m questioning.
For the life of me, I still have no idea why he made the trip. But he did come here and he is the President of the United States and, to me, you appeared to be either spiteful or desperate for more national exposure.
If you were attempting to untrack his re-election — governor he’s not running again and you’re making me grateful that neither are you.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns