The wheels under Air Force One had barely been retracted as President Obama left the Valley Tuesday, when Governor Jan Brewer issued the official response to his visit.
She denounced Obama for promoting “big government” to his audience of primarily students at Desert Vista High School, and adding that she was disappointed with the president.
And I’m disappointed in you, Governor Brewer. Many Arizonans were relieved you didn’t use another finger when welcoming him. But was it really necessary to issue such a harsh, self-serving critique virtually before he could turn off his electrical devices and make sure his seat belt was secure?
And it’s only your timing I’m questioning.
For the life of me, I still have no idea why he made the trip. But he did come here and he is the President of the United States and, to me, you appeared to be either spiteful or desperate for more national exposure.
If you were attempting to untrack his re-election — governor he’s not running again and you’re making me grateful that neither are you.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development