Hey, white Anglo guy.
Not all of you. Just the one who keeps sending comments to my computer about anything negative done by anyone with a Latino name.
I’m sure you must have seen them. If there’s a news story about a drive-by shooting and there’s a suspect named Guillermo, this guy writes a response like “What do you expect from them?” He, of course, ignores the fact that the victim’s name is Ricardo.
It doesn’t matter what the story is, either — crime, a foreclosure, a traffic accident — he calls attention that some person with a Latino name has failed.
Well, white Anglo guy, here’s one of those names I’d like you to remember. In fact, I’d like you to find him on the Internet. His name is Carlos Arredondo.
He’s fairly easy to find among the street interviews from Boston on Monday. He’s the one covered in the blood of the casualties he tried to save. The American flag he’s holding is bloody too. Carlos had to use it as a tourniquet working for the Red Cross.
I don’t know whether Carlos Arredondo is an American citizen, but I do know he’s a “héroe.” That’s Spanish for hero!
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets