Hey, white Anglo guy.
Not all of you. Just the one who keeps sending comments to my computer about anything negative done by anyone with a Latino name.
I’m sure you must have seen them. If there’s a news story about a drive-by shooting and there’s a suspect named Guillermo, this guy writes a response like “What do you expect from them?” He, of course, ignores the fact that the victim’s name is Ricardo.
It doesn’t matter what the story is, either — crime, a foreclosure, a traffic accident — he calls attention that some person with a Latino name has failed.
Well, white Anglo guy, here’s one of those names I’d like you to remember. In fact, I’d like you to find him on the Internet. His name is Carlos Arredondo.
He’s fairly easy to find among the street interviews from Boston on Monday. He’s the one covered in the blood of the casualties he tried to save. The American flag he’s holding is bloody too. Carlos had to use it as a tourniquet working for the Red Cross.
I don’t know whether Carlos Arredondo is an American citizen, but I do know he’s a “héroe.” That’s Spanish for hero!
I’m Pat McMahon.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development