Hey, white Anglo guy.
Not all of you. Just the one who keeps sending comments to my computer about anything negative done by anyone with a Latino name.
I’m sure you must have seen them. If there’s a news story about a drive-by shooting and there’s a suspect named Guillermo, this guy writes a response like “What do you expect from them?” He, of course, ignores the fact that the victim’s name is Ricardo.
It doesn’t matter what the story is, either — crime, a foreclosure, a traffic accident — he calls attention that some person with a Latino name has failed.
Well, white Anglo guy, here’s one of those names I’d like you to remember. In fact, I’d like you to find him on the Internet. His name is Carlos Arredondo.
He’s fairly easy to find among the street interviews from Boston on Monday. He’s the one covered in the blood of the casualties he tried to save. The American flag he’s holding is bloody too. Carlos had to use it as a tourniquet working for the Red Cross.
I don’t know whether Carlos Arredondo is an American citizen, but I do know he’s a “héroe.” That’s Spanish for hero!
I’m Pat McMahon.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments