So right now, at this moment, if I say the word Boston to you what’s the first thing that pops into your mind? Last week, it probably would have been the Boston Celtics or the Boston Red Sox, or if you’re more of a history buff maybe Paul Revere and Bunker Hill.
But as of Monday, that’s all different for awhile. Now, the focus is on the Boston Bomber. No matter what your cause is, no matter what you think the purpose of your life is, most of us would agree it’s not the death of an 8-year-old child, nor the wounding of more than 140 spectators — people who had gathered not to bring down a leader or further a political or religious belief.
The Boston Marathon was taking place during American Spring not an Arab Spring. And yes, a corrupt, cowardly sub-human left his killing machines and crawled away past all of those innocent strangers.
I hope Boston truly is a place where everybody knows your name, that way we can identify him and crush him right in the middle of the Freedom Trail.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise