So right now, at this moment, if I say the word Boston to you what’s the first thing that pops into your mind? Last week, it probably would have been the Boston Celtics or the Boston Red Sox, or if you’re more of a history buff maybe Paul Revere and Bunker Hill.
But as of Monday, that’s all different for awhile. Now, the focus is on the Boston Bomber. No matter what your cause is, no matter what you think the purpose of your life is, most of us would agree it’s not the death of an 8-year-old child, nor the wounding of more than 140 spectators — people who had gathered not to bring down a leader or further a political or religious belief.
The Boston Marathon was taking place during American Spring not an Arab Spring. And yes, a corrupt, cowardly sub-human left his killing machines and crawled away past all of those innocent strangers.
I hope Boston truly is a place where everybody knows your name, that way we can identify him and crush him right in the middle of the Freedom Trail.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier