Some things are just tough to do.
Being a tax collector has had a stigma attached to it for as long as the powerful have taken money from everybody else.
If you’re a guest at a cocktail party and you’re introduced to people as a very successful medical specialist, you notice how everyone begins to gather around you, until you tell them you’re a proctologist. No one speaks to you for the rest of the evening.
That seems to be what it’s like to be a Republican these days. It’s just so hard to appear to do anything right.
It’s not that the Democrats have the answers, it’s just the times we live in. It used to be so easy to win elections by ignoring Latinos, both citizens and non-citizens. You were safe doing that because they didn’t or couldn’t vote. And now they do, Romney lost and suddenly Republicans are learning to pronounce “saguaro.”
There was never any need to show respect for non-heterosexuals if you were a Republican, but new young voters don’t seem to care about orientation.
It’s so difficult theses days to be right.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl