Some things are just tough to do.
Being a tax collector has had a stigma attached to it for as long as the powerful have taken money from everybody else.
If you’re a guest at a cocktail party and you’re introduced to people as a very successful medical specialist, you notice how everyone begins to gather around you, until you tell them you’re a proctologist. No one speaks to you for the rest of the evening.
That seems to be what it’s like to be a Republican these days. It’s just so hard to appear to do anything right.
It’s not that the Democrats have the answers, it’s just the times we live in. It used to be so easy to win elections by ignoring Latinos, both citizens and non-citizens. You were safe doing that because they didn’t or couldn’t vote. And now they do, Romney lost and suddenly Republicans are learning to pronounce “saguaro.”
There was never any need to show respect for non-heterosexuals if you were a Republican, but new young voters don’t seem to care about orientation.
It’s so difficult theses days to be right.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon