A week that will go down in history: an asteroid zooms by the earth, a meteor disintegrates over Russia, it snows on my car.
Hey! Forget about the meteor stuff. I’m talking about breaking news.
It snowed on a parking lot I was in at 2:40 p.m. in Phoenix on Feb. 20. A friend said look outside and it was snowing. There might have been a little sleet, but that’s just hard snow.
I was just a couple blocks from Northern, but it wasn’t that Northern. Why didn’t the weather gods consider how close I was to Sunnyslope?
Look, if right now you’re in Flagstaff, quit laughing. In Phoenix this is a big deal. People actually went to the front door of the building and took pictures of all our cars with their white roofs. Everybody was excited.
Well, everybody but this one woman standing in the back frowning with her arms folded. I said “I’ll bet you never thought you’d see something like this in Phoenix.” She responded curtly, “I’m from Michigan and I’m not impressed.” Well, that’s her opinion.
As for me, I have to go buy a shovel before it’s too late.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon