A week that will go down in history: an asteroid zooms by the earth, a meteor disintegrates over Russia, it snows on my car.
Hey! Forget about the meteor stuff. I’m talking about breaking news.
It snowed on a parking lot I was in at 2:40 p.m. in Phoenix on Feb. 20. A friend said look outside and it was snowing. There might have been a little sleet, but that’s just hard snow.
I was just a couple blocks from Northern, but it wasn’t that Northern. Why didn’t the weather gods consider how close I was to Sunnyslope?
Look, if right now you’re in Flagstaff, quit laughing. In Phoenix this is a big deal. People actually went to the front door of the building and took pictures of all our cars with their white roofs. Everybody was excited.
Well, everybody but this one woman standing in the back frowning with her arms folded. I said “I’ll bet you never thought you’d see something like this in Phoenix.” She responded curtly, “I’m from Michigan and I’m not impressed.” Well, that’s her opinion.
As for me, I have to go buy a shovel before it’s too late.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments