This is a brand-new week, and I know Monday is a day off from work for a lot of you because of Presidents’ Day, but I wanted to take just a moment to share something with you that happened last week on Valentine’s Day.
I was invited to speak at a very special Valentine’s Day that has been held every February 14th for the last 16 years.
A local businessman, Michael Ingram of El Dorado Holdings, has been putting together a dinner devoted to showing his guests that love doesn’t have to have an end date. His guests each year are widows.
I have to admit that when I first heard about the event, I had never thought about that large segment of our society. The segment that has had a loving relationship and then had it taken away.
I never thought what their lives were like on the one day that everyone else is celebrating romance.
Thanks to Mike Ingram, these women know they’re still loved. And because of that Mike…you’re loved right back.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night