This is a brand-new week, and I know Monday is a day off from work for a lot of you because of Presidents’ Day, but I wanted to take just a moment to share something with you that happened last week on Valentine’s Day.
I was invited to speak at a very special Valentine’s Day that has been held every February 14th for the last 16 years.
A local businessman, Michael Ingram of El Dorado Holdings, has been putting together a dinner devoted to showing his guests that love doesn’t have to have an end date. His guests each year are widows.
I have to admit that when I first heard about the event, I had never thought about that large segment of our society. The segment that has had a loving relationship and then had it taken away.
I never thought what their lives were like on the one day that everyone else is celebrating romance.
Thanks to Mike Ingram, these women know they’re still loved. And because of that Mike…you’re loved right back.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development