Okay guys! You can come out of hiding now.
I’m talking to the men, all too many I’m afraid, who thought that yesterday was just called Feb. 14. Did she really buy that annual excuse again, that Valentine’s Day is just a marketing scam created by people like Hallmark and Godiva to get rich? Certainly it is, but that doesn’t mean you’re not still in trouble.
Don’t show up with a festival of flowers, a bushel of blossoms thinking that numbers alone will win her over. She knows you can buy bouquets at the bulk price because it’s the day after Valentine’s Day.
Next year just try to understand that days like yesterday mean more to her than they do to you, no matter how much she denies it. It’s the difference in the way your brains are wired.
So right now circle Feb. 13 and surprise her a day ahead, because you just couldn’t wait. Silly?
Listen, a friend of mine wrote a book called “Sex in the Kitchen” about the night he surprised his wife by simply doing the dishes.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever